• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

system requirements for captivate trial

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac User but I have an old Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop with Pentium III, 1.1Ghz and 512 MB Ram.  I am taking an elearning design class and need to trial Captivate which I can't on my Mac.  From looking at the system requirements, it appears that the Captivate trial download requires Pentium 4 to run.  Am I out of luck and stuck with the school's computer lab to play with Captivate and to build  a sample elearning class?  When will Captivate be available on a Mac?  The rumor is at the end of the year = is this true?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is your Mac Intel based? If so, you could run Parallels in order to use Captivate.

As to when it will become available, only Adobe can say for sure. Indeed I fully expect it to be released by the end of the year. Actually, my own guess is that it will be sooner than that. I'm guessing that you will see it within the next three months.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't want to go to the expense of buying parallels, then a windows os and then have slow running mac, just to play with captivate. Would be great if it came out in mac in a few months. I do see that I can run a trial of articulate on my current Dell laptop so I'll download that for now. Thanks for responding.

Christine Wynne

503-997-0902

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources