• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation audio keeps playing when the next slide appears

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inserting several SWF files (short demos created in Captivate, each with with audio and controls) into a Captivate project as animation objects, each on it's own frame. The problem is that when I move to the next frame without finishing or pausing the animation on the previous slide, the audio keeps playing over the audio on the current frame. It becomes cacaphonic when you mvoe quickly through multiple frames. Is there some way I can stop/pause the audio of the previous animation when you move to the next animation frame?

Thanks!
Roopesh
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said ...
quote:

Is there some way I can stop/pause the audio of the previous animation when you move to the next animation frame?
Yes, there is. Do not insert animations (SWF) containing their own built-in audio. If you do, the audio will continue to play until it has completed, even if the user leaves the slide on which the animation is inserted - but you knew that, huh? Sorry, couldn't resist stating the obvious, but I'm sure you don't appreciate my sense of humor as much as I, so I'll apologize once more. Sorry.

Seriously, when audio is contained (or "wrapped") in a shell like another SWF file, you basically give up control of that audio - because the PC's "focus" is on the main SWF - your Captivate project. Instead, use the audio for the main project, either at slide-level (preferred), or (second choice) at object-level, the "object" being the inserted SWF.

Another possibility - which I haven't tried personally - is to include, as a separate object in the inserted SWF, a "mute" control that could be clicked before hitting the "Next" button. Extra steps for the end user (and you), and it will require at least a minimal knowledge of action-scripting (and a copy of Flash), but it might also work ... maybe ... perhaps.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Larry! I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my query and also your sense of humor. Also my apologies for a late reply (was visiting my folks) and for double posting (my mistake).

The solution to add the audio to the slide is something that works, but it also means that if the video is paused, the audio keeps playing. I have not tried to attach the audio to the SWF object, but it is worth a shot.

Thanks again!

Roopesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources