• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

authorizing a sony reader

Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get DE to open the

device setup assistant so that I can authorize my sony reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have the Sony software installed and use Windows ( it doesn't work on Mac ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, what about an aluratek libre? I just had my case file closed.

They said they reset my too many activations and I should be able to authorize reader but I am so scared to do anything to screw it up. Should I reinstall ADE first or any other suggestions..I am scared to mess this up. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony is a special case as ADE uses the Sony software to communicate with Sony readers.  For the Libre, there's nothing special you need to do, just go ahead and let it authorize.  Don't however deauthorize the device, unless something is seriously wrong or you are so instructed by tech support (preferrable Adobe or Sony who can reset your activations to the correct level.)  Deauthorizing either the device or ADE does not get you an authorization back, but instead just removes the activation information from the device/computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim, It worked! I was actually pleasantly surprised how quickly this was resolved....the support

worker was very helpful and it was resolved in 4 days...I am keeping my Aluratek which I really like and crossing fingers for no more issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines