• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHP and Flex 4 - Need your advice

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, now that Flash Builder is out, and i really start using it properly, i need to know your opinion based on what you knoe, reand and testes you've made, about the connection between Flash Builder and PHP.

We all know that the new Flex cames with a kind of wizard to make everything work with PHP and SQL with ZendAMF.

Now, is realy ZendAMF better than AMFPHP (i know that AMFPHP it's a stoped project),

From one side, AMFPHP is easy to apply and config, easy to put it work, you can even use an online database or a local one. From other side, you (Adobe) didn't implemented it on Flash Builder and it makes me wonder that if AMFPHP is that good as i think it is.

So, can anyone tell me what are the pros and cons for each one? And wich one you would use and why?

hank you for your time

LP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

AMFPhp is superior to ZendAMF in every way, its simple to use, it has a small footprint, it works on the servers that zend won't(any host that uses cpanel management is restricted to a version of php that zend doesn't support), the service browser works unlike the buggy non-functional zamfbrowser, AMFPhp performance is between 5-10 times better.  AMFPhp has been updated and works now with all versions of php 5.

ZendAMF has the advantage that you can use it with FB 4's DCD so a lot of the work in preparing vo's and php services is done for you. ZendAMF is being maintained by the guy that gave us AMFphp so one would hope that eventually ZendAMF may reach a point where it is comparible to AMFphp.

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again David, you made my day.

I'm gonna stick with AMFPHP and study up to the bottom till ZendAMF gets at the same level.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked into WebORB?

That's what I mainly use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had try it once but found it too complicated to implement...and all the examples and tutorials i found were using a localhost database and i don't wanna use an online webserver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines