• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the reference docs?

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't like using online references, but I can't seem to find the reference docs in Flash Builder 4.

Am I missing something, or are they really not installed?

Harbs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

refer this link

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=menucontrols_6.html

regards ,

welcanv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I know there are online references. I would just REALLY prefer to used ones installed locally.

In Flex Builder 3, there are locally installed references available. In Flash Builder 4, I don't see them.

Is there any way to install the reference docs locally?

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cache content locally using the Community Help Client, Help > Flash Builder Help.

1. In Adobe Help (a.k.a, Adobe Community Help), go to Preferences

2. Select Download Preferences, make sure Flex 4 is selected

3. Select Local Content, update "ActionScript 3.0 Language and Component reference" if an update is available.

With the content cached, you can access offline help. Make sure you select "Local Help" for your Search Location and "ActionScript 3.0 Language..." for your Filter Results.

If you only want reference information about Flash Builder (not including Flex or Flash ASDoc), you can download this PDF http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/flashbuilder_4_help.pdf.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

1: check

2: check

3: check

Navigating to the language reference is pretty clumsy. I much prefer the reference within the Eclipse help docs!

It also looks like that when you open Adobe Help while an internet connection is active, it defaults to the web version rather than the local version. This is S_L_O_W... 

Is there any way to make Adobe Help use the local version by default?

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We released an update to the Help app on April 30 that offers a new preference to "Display Local Help only."  The application should auto-update the next step you open Help. Or you can also manually update the application via this page on adobe.com: http://www.adobe.com/support/chc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines