Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debug button launched non-debug player

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I just started working with flash builder 4 today, but for some reason i cant normally use the debug mode.

i want to see all my traces and such so i kinda need it, i think the reason is that the "debug" button launches a non-debug version Flash Player, because on right-click i dont see any of the debug functions. Awhile after opening the window the error about cant connect to Player pops up

When i manually open a debug player the debug function works how it should.

But ofcourse i dont want to open a window each time i want to run it. So my question is, how can i let the debug button run a debug version of the Player? I've tried reinstalling and removing all flashplayers before reinstalling

Thanks already,

Thom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Hi,

I'm assuming you are having trouble launching the debugger standalone binary on Mac. Open Finder, select any SWF file, do a "Get Info" and say "Open with" and point to the debug version of standalone player and choose "Change All".

You can get the debug version of standalone player here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Thanks,

----

Anirudh Sasikumar

Flash Builder Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lookup the flash debug player executable on your system and open it once. This has solved the problem for me in the past. It remembers somehow which player to use. Also if you have Flash it might use the player in that directory (which isn't a problem) but it could be an old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry i forgot to mention that i run OSX where you dont have exe's >.<

Thanks for your answer anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm assuming you are having trouble launching the debugger standalone binary on Mac. Open Finder, select any SWF file, do a "Get Info" and say "Open with" and point to the debug version of standalone player and choose "Change All".

You can get the debug version of standalone player here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Thanks,

----

Anirudh Sasikumar

Flash Builder Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help me, I thought something like that should fix it so i tried that before.. but for some reason it wont change the standard player.. it keeps opening it with 10...22 and the debug version i got is 10...45 soo yea i will try to find a solution to really change my standard (maby by terminal) or something.

Thanks anyway =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I searched the web of people had the same problem with setting the default app in a global way (so not focussed on flash) and it seemed that if you rename the default app and then select a new default you will change it! I tried that and it worked! I renamed all the flashplayers on my mac (they where all in the Flash CS4 folder) to another name and now it uses my stand alone debug player!

So i guess that fixes my problem, but still its stupid of Flash Builder to fetch a non bebug version of Flash player from the Flash CS4 folder when i ask for it ^_^

Thanks all for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines