Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Flex 3 AIR project to Flash Builder 4

Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some difficulty importin an AIR project built using Flex 3.3 on Flash Builder 4. I've followed the process outlined here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flexbuilder3_to_flashbuilder4.html#ach-setscr

But every time I import it, it imports as a Flex Web project rather than a Desktop project. Also, all of the "Add/Change Project Type" options are disabled, so I'm unable to change it.

How do I import a Flex 3 AIR project?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the "Choose Flex SDK Version" dialog? You only get that when your project is set to use the "default" SDK.

I was able to reproduce your issue. This happens because your project is set to look for a named "Flex 3.3" SDK. Did you setup Flex 3.3 in your Flash Builder 4 workspace yet? See Preferences > Installed Flex SDKs.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jason. Yes, I do have Flex 3.3 set up in my FB4 workspace. However, it still imports the AIR app as if it were a Flex Web app. Ultimately, I found a work-around: I created a new FB4 AIR Project, and copied the src folder into that project. The app.xml file has to remain from FB4, but it seems like everything else works.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, AIR 1.5 (in the Flex 4 SDK) has a modified app.xml namespace and XML schema. Your workaround was what I was going to recommend. Hopefully everything else is going smoothly.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines