• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation Button - open source in new window?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 8, natch.

So, I have a button at the top of the page I'd like to set to open a link in another window. Essentially, it's another page within the site, but I want the reader to open it in a new window and NOT, as the default Robohelp does, in the frame below.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the new link to open in a new window, except in digging through the code and trying multiple things to get it to pop open.

I've winnowed the code for the specific tab down to the whskin_tbars htm file for where I could actually do the conversion, and have the following:

addButton("custom00000",BTN_TEXT|BTN_IMG,"","http://support.site.com/webbyhelp/HelpGuide2.htm","","","",0,0,"tabby/guide_tab_noselect.png","tabby/guide_tab_noselect.png","tabby/guide_tab_select.png","","tabby/guide_tab_select.png","","");

Does anyone out there know a kludge to get around the fact that a button in the selected toolbars under the skin will ONLY open the selected file within the current frame?

Apologies if this was a duplicate topic, I can't for the life of me get around this functionality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe I've documented how to accomplish this in my Skinny on Skins file. You may download your own copy from the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, er, not really, but you got me halfway there to my new experiment.

Let's say at the top of my webhelp, I've got my buttons (Contents, Search, Index, Dancing Monkeys). The Dancing Monkeys button I want to open a new window with www.dancingmonkeys.com separate from the main button, and NOT in the frame of the active help file. (Whole new browser window).

So I went round the other side and did a window(open) Javascript instead, which seems to do what I want it to do. Ish.

I'm still fudging around, but I'll get a results back to it and post some shots with results.

Thanks for the resource, though - that's precisely what I've been lacking on some of this stuff. Muchas gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks to a nice developer: It's not 100% airtight, but it works (mostly). See: http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200605/using_javascript_instead_of_target_to_open_new_windows/

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp