Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting topics in Keywords

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the following problem with Robohelp 7:

I migrated the index from my Robohelp 5 environment into Robohelp 7 and I did a thorough restructuring of my index. In this index I created several new keywords and subkeywords. I assigned several topics to these keywords, but Robohelp does not sort the topics in alphabetical order, it orders them in the order in which topics have been linkedd to a keyword. The strange thing is that in the topic screen all the topics are neatly sorted in alphabetical order. When I generate the primary layout, the topics are inserted in the webhelp in the wrong order.

I use the HHK file (in which the keywords are stored in a wrong order), with binary index checked. I tried disabling the primary index, creating a new one by copying all the keys, but the problem persists. I also tried to set the index to topics, but this does not help either.

Can you explain to me how I can set RoboHelp to sort the hhk file in the correct order, or how can I easily create the alphabetical of my index keys? (instead of manually editing the hhk file) Thanks in advance for your reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any suggestions for this question? I would like to solve the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

Have you tried just right-clicking in the index and choosing sort?

Click the image below to view larger.

tmp1.PNG

Note that this may require you to temporarily configure Microsoft HTML Help as the primary layout and editing the Project Settings in order to allow the sort function to appear.

Remember, you press Ctrl+Shift+? to open Project Settings. You then would turn off (or ensure it's turned off) the Binary Index feature.

Once you have done this, you would then revert any settings that you changed to allow things to work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the Sort button to enable.

This is what is in RoboHelp:

2010-04-27 9-23-17 AM.png

This is what is in my WebHelp output:

2010-04-27 8-38-45 AM.png

I want the topics on the gray popup to be in alpha order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm

So you ensured Microsoft HTML Help was set as the primary layout and you turned off Binary index and Sort STILL isn't available?

I'm stumped... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, went back and tried it again. This time, though, I noticed that when I returned to Project Settings, the Binary index check box was selected, even though I had just cleared it moments ago.  Wonder why it's not sticking as "cleared" in the Project Settings window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp