• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing the Gradient in a TabBar?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble finding the right properties for removing a gradient for a spark TabBar.

Is there a way to do that with css or will I need to create a custom skin to do the job?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I think the customised skin is the way to go, then again anything that lets me escape css is the better alternative

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I does look like skins will give you much greater control over the look of the application.

I suppose I could use the <s:LinearGradient> tag with the same two colors within the <s:GradientEntry> tag. Surely there's a property to just set the component to a solid color.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

you can get quite fancy with skins for instance you can have some code that would add either gradient fills or solid fills depending on a variable set in the application(the lazy way when you don't want to extend the component).

Its way past sleep time at the moment so I will slap something together in the morning to give you an idea of the 'quikfix' methodology

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for a solution.

I've tried just using SolidColor in various skin classes and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom Spark TabBar skin, and set a custom TabBarButton skin with the following fill:

<!--- layer 2: fill -->
    <s:Rect id="fill" left="1" right="1" top="1" bottom="1" topLeftRadiusX="4" topRightRadiusX="4" width="69" height="21">
        <s:fill>
            <s:SolidColor color="0xFF0000"
                          color.selectedUpStates="0xBBBDBD"
                          color.overStates="0xBBBDBD"
                          color.downStates="0xAAAAAA"
                          alpha="0.85"
                          alpha.overAndSelected="1" />
        </s:fill>
    </s:Rect>

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ha! The button skin. I forgot about that.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines