Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form field data not viewable

Level 1

What might cause a completed form to not reveal the text in the form fields unless you clickon the field?  When you leave the field, it is again invisible.  And yet the completer using Reader could see all field data, and one of the recipients could see all fields.  Two other recipients, one using Reader and one using Acrobat could only see data when selecting a particular field.  The form was built in Live Cycle, and Acrobat extended rights to Reader users.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Are any of the these users using a Mac and the Mac Viewing software to fill the PDF?

Paul

Level 1

All of the viewers are using MSWindows on Dell PCs, but I do not know if the completer might have been on  a Mac.  I doubt it, but I would have to question him to be sure.

Former Community Member

There is a known issue where if you use a Mac and the software that comes with the mac to fill the PDF ( I do not remember what it is called) then what you described happens. If you use Reader or Acrobat on the Mac then it does not happen.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you very much, Paul.  I am checking with the user now, who is located in Rio de Janeiro.  I will hear from him tomorrow hopefully.  I appreciate your assistance.  I will post to this thread whatever I find out from him.