Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

previews not showing

Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording in FMR and when I go to preview my recording I recieve a blank screen...using Preview; From this slide or Next five slides. The only way I can preview is to publish the project or in the browser. Can anyone point my in the right direction to fix the problem...thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your version of Captivate is?

If it's version 3, have you looked at this?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

Thanks so much...my Captivate 3 "Preview" works now. I removed the Adobe Flash Player 10 and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player 9 however when I go to the "Control Panel" the "Flash Player 9" doesn't show up although the "Adobe Flash Player ActiveX" appears (not sure why but it works).

I also need to do 10 - 20 minutes sessions of live recordings and I was wondering if there is a better software for live recordings which can be easily edited.

QB Accountants, Inc.

Brent Ervin, ABA

Advance Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor

Certified QuickBooks Enterprise Pro Advisor

Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor

qb-accountants.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent

You can *TRY* using Captivate in Full Motion Recording (FMR) mode for this. However, it won't be optimal. While this mode of recording is certainly possible, it's far from being really user friendly and easy to edit. Sure, Captivate offers some limited editing tools that allow you to slice, dice and splice, but that's about it.

If you are serious about recording full motion, check out something like TechSmith's Camtasia Studio. Actually, it's helpful to have both Camtasia as well as Captivate in your toolbox so that they may complement each other.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Thanks so much. I will check it out.

QB Accountants, Inc.

Brent Ervin, ABA

Advance Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor

Certified QuickBooks Enterprise Pro Advisor

Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor

qb-accountants.com

Ph: 815-215-8151

Fx: 815-215-8158

Please be advised that, under current IRS rules and standards, any advice contained herein is not intended to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer by the IRS. Any information contained in this email does not fall under the guidelines of IRS Circular 230.

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone, and return the original message to us at the above address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources