• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Corruption

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2006 Oct 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a large RoboHelp project. When I click on the Index tab, RoboHelp crashes. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2006 Nov 01, 2006
Well, I have deleted the error. I deleted the .cpd file again so I could have access to the index tab. I reopened the project and allowed the computer time to rebuild the .cpd file. Then, I deleted, by hand, the entire index. I haven't had the problem since.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I answered your other post. Please take a look at the other post first and see if the issues are related.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Rick.

It did occur to me that maybe one of the files for the index were corrupt, so I did experiment on which file it might be. Well, one thing I did earlier was delete the .pss and .cpd file, reopen RoboHelp, then I could click on the index tab. I was able to auto create a new index (small for testing), and it worked. Then, the next time I opened RoboHelp, it didn't work again. When I generate the file, the index works fine, but I can't change the index within RoboHelp. I do have several backup files so hopefully some of my 'eggs' aren't cracked, but unfortunately I've had the error since the file was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2006 Nov 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, I have deleted the error. I deleted the .cpd file again so I could have access to the index tab. I reopened the project and allowed the computer time to rebuild the .cpd file. Then, I deleted, by hand, the entire index. I haven't had the problem since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp