Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large bullets

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH 7.0. My bullet styles use the default discs and squares. In the WYSIWYG editor, the bullets are small and "elegant". However in the preview and in the actual CHM file they are very big, the size of the text, and really very ugly.

Is this correct? If not, how do I make them smaller?

Thanks,
Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The best way to get this done, is to use CSS. Open your CSS in an external editor (such as notepad).

Add: UL {font-size: 10pt;}. Change the value until you’re comfortable with it.

This setting won’t affect the text size, as long as you apply a paragraph to the text. The font size of the paragraph overwrites the font size of the list.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried doing this but it doesn’t help. I entered the line at the top of the CSS file. Should it be in any specific location in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Normally, it doesn't matter where the definition is. If you have other styles in your css that also target the list, the browser uses that last definition. Try moving the definition to the end of your css.

Another question. How do you insert the bulleted lists? Do you select a paragraph style, or do you click the unordered list button? The way you insert a list determines the html that RH uses.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I placed it at the bottom of the css file, but still no change.

I use paragraph styles for the 3 levels of bulleted lists in the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that the size of the bullet has changed in the WYSIWYG editor, but still not in the CHM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's obviously something more here. Can you post an example topic and your css so I can have a look?

Note: The WYSIWYG does not always show you what you get

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The font-size of the list item <li> was upsetting the global style. Also, the lists did not render correct in Firefox. Please try the modified css, I attached it to this post. Note: It may take some time before you can download the file.

I did the following:

1. Remove the font-size from the list-items.

2. Replaced the margins from the paragraphs to the list-items.

3. Added margin-top and margin-bottom to the global UL style, to fix the gap between your lists.

If you have any other questions or problems, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

Thank you so much for your trouble. I am sorry that I have not managed to check this yet, but I suddenly have a very pressing deadline for something else.

Have a good week,

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just noticed that the size of the bullets has changed in the WYSIWYG editor, but not in the CHM.

-Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp