• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are all output files required for CSH to work?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--

Using Frame 9 and Robo 8 (.0.0.203) in TCS2.

I recently converted a Frame document into context-sensitive OLH. The outcome, as most of you have already found, was a large number of files. As a relative newbie I wasn't sure if I could omit any and still turn over a functional CSH deck. I ended up zipping and sending all the files to the client.

Are all these files in fact required for the CSH to work?

The CSH does, in fact, work as predicted in their UI. However, the client has raised a mild protest since about the number of CSH-related files now residing in the product's runtime environment. What if anything could I have left out?

Thanks --

Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the flavour of your help output - you don't say. If it was WebHelp then you would get a lot of files published to the WebHelp folder in your \!SSL!\ folder. CHM output gets you 1 deliverable (but doesn't work easily if it's not local) and so does AIR output (which does offer a version that runs on a server).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, right. It wasWebHelp. You're right, that's exactly what happened.

Allow me, then, to refine the question: which output files, if any, of the many generated when creating WebHelp CSH system are NOT necessary to send my client?

thanks --

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that you need to send all files/folders in that WebHelp folder if you want to see topics, TOCs & Indices. Your map file is also in there too for your CSH calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. The client has decided to stick with the WebHelp as opposed to going to AIR. However, my next bit of self-education will be to try things out in AIR to learn the differences.

I consider this question answered.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this page will help you with AIR help.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/air/air.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter, I'll check it out.

As always, very appreciative of the help I get in this forum!

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp