• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you insert Bullet points using TextLayoutFramework

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just moved over to using Flash builder 4 and was quite excited to use the new TextLayout framework as a lot of the flash applications i create use a lot of text editing and formatting. One of the selling points to moving to Flash Builder 4 was this new TextLayout framework which would solve a lot of the limitations i had with the previous versions of Flex and Flash.

One of the formatting tools that i've been using over the years is Bullet points. I've been searching forums to find out how to do this using the  TextLayout framework only to find out its not available. I've found away to get round it by inserting a dot at the first character, setting the start indent to a minus number and setting the paragraphStartIndent to a positive number. Though this works it isn't the best solution. So i'm going back to using the a flex textarea and the setformat.

If anyone knows if bullet points can be used with the TextLayoutFramework could you let me know how this can be done. If it can't does anyone know if adobe is going to add bullet points to the framework soon.

Sorry to rant on but the bullet point feature has been available since Flash MX and now with new developments they seem to have removed it. Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been asked repeatedly.

If I'm not mistaken, currently bullets are NOT supported.

But there are a few workarounds. Look for them in TLF forum.

HTH,

FTQuest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion!!

make money online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines