• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver cs5 hangs on start

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i start dreamweaver cs5, it get stuck on initializing files, i  cant even do end task on it. i tried giving administrator permission,  try switching to xp compatible or vista, nothing works. anyone knows  what can be the problem?

i have attack the image on what it get stuck on.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9669/dreamweaver.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have no idea what the problem is but I have also just installed the trial version of CS5 and it doesn't work for me either.

Mine loads up ok but as soon as I click on anything to start to use it, it freezes my laptop. I can't shut my laptop down, nor will just turning it off with the button work. Iv had to take out my battery to restart it again.

I tried to contact adobe support but I cannot do that without a serial number (trial versions don't seem to have one).

Basically its crap & I cannot contact adobe to tell them because their customer service channels are inadequate (& I'm not very good with computers). If anyone can sort us both out through the forum that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Web Premium trial today. Launched/closed DW, PS and FW without issue.

Now, upon relaunching DW, it hangs on "Initializing Extension Data..." . Moved plugins - no fix. Ran Adobe Support Manager - no fix. (PS + FW relaunch ok.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not realize they released the trail yet, when did this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last 24 hours.

Seems Adobe's CS5 strategy was to underpromise (CS5 available "in May" according to the FAQ) and overdeliver (actually shipped 29/30 April).

The surprise to me was that the Trials were made available on the same day as the product shipped. In the past, the Trials were made available a week or two after shipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: Do you belive the premature release is the reason the program hangs at startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you pre-ordered CS5, the release date was 4/29 and the product was available for download on 4/30 so it was late in some respects.

To the user having the problem, the more information you can provide the better.  What version of Windows, 32-bit/64-bit, any other programs running, have you tried another user account on the machine, etc., etc.?

Also if you think it is a bug call Adobe or send in a bug report: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform .  If you do not do this they will never know.  They do not respond on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried an admin + second user - no luck. Reinstalled 3X - no luck.

System-

Win7 ultimate - 64bit
i7-980X six-core extreme – 3.33 Ghz
RAM: 18Gigs
1.8GB NVIDIA Geforce

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a trick from CS4, might work for CS5.  Look in your Application Data folder (hidden folder) and look in Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver.  CS5 is version 11 so delete any reference to version 11.  It should be one folder, but I run DW on a Mac so I can't say there isn't more than just the one folder.  Then try restarting DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the config folder. On 1st launch all was ok. On 2nd launch, a test site I'm using was automatically cached and opened ok. On the 3rd launch it hangs just as before.

Tried doing it 2 more times but each time it hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had more to tell you.  To be honest after looking at the forums after the CS5 launch I'm a little disappointed with the Dreamweaver team right now.  Seems there are some Mac issues with Photoshop and their team is active in the forums working on solutions (look for Employee next to their name) but the DW team is no where to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very disappointing.

As of last night I was ready to order for shipment. Then I saw the trial version. I downloaded this morning and the issue started.

I appreciate your involvement and help. If you hear anything please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you renamed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABNfire - you can actually delete that folder.  The preferences are recreated when the application launches, but read my next comment before doing that.

After reading the helpful Photoshop team I am curious if the same problem is plaguing the Dreamweaver application too.  The Dreamweaver folder in your user preferences, right click and Get Info on it.

At the bottom with Sharing & Permissions, add your own user account there with read & write access.  Check the same thing on "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Prefs" in that folder.  Restart DW and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

david can you tell me which location is he talking about. so i can try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you pre-ordered CS5, the release date was 4/29 and the product was available for download on 4/30 so it was late in some respects.

The details have obviously been tightened up as shipping approached. I do remember that the date at launch was sometime in May.

Regardless, it's here now and the calls for help have already begun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller wrote:

I do remember that the date at launch was sometime in May.

Regardless, it's here now and the calls for help have already begun.

I don't think anyone from Adobe ever said officially that it would be shipping in May. The shipping date was never publicly revealed, but the only suprise for me was that it was released three hours earlier than I expected. On reflection, though, it made perfect sense. It was released at 9pm Pacific Time on 29 April, which was midnight UTC on 30 April.

The fact that people need to call for help is disappointing, but perhaps inevitable. Everyone's computer is configured differently. It's impossible for the engineering team and beta testers to cover every possible combination. I don't know how many people are involved in beta testing, but when things go wrong, the engineers bend over backwards to get to the root of the problem.

I have been running Dreamweaver CS5 on Windows 7 and Snow Leopard for many months without problems, even though I have been uninstalling and reinstalling different builds on an almost weekly basis. That's no comfort to people who are experiencing difficulties, but CS5 has been thoroughly tested and is very stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David: is there any restrictive property in the trial version (other than time limitation) that would cause this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnWebPro wrote:

David: is there any restrictive property in the trial version (other than time limitation) that would cause this issue?

Not that I know of. I'm using fully licensed versions on both Windows and Mac. However, during beta testing, there was a period when we needed to use Dreamweaver in trial mode. I don't recall anyone reporting any problems with the program hanging on start up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done some further checking. It appears there are problems if Dreamweaver is installed on a different drive from the boot drive. On a Windows machine, that means it needs to be installed on the C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David: thanks for your help. So, instead of the default install in the 'Programs' directory, I would select one step up to the C directory? Do you suggest holding-off while new fixes are being explored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnWebPro wrote:

David: thanks for your help. So, instead of the default install in the 'Programs' directory, I would select one step up to the C directory? Do you suggest holding-off while new fixes are being explored?

No, the problem arises if you don't accept the default location suggested by the installer. The default location on Windows 7 64-bit is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5. It should work perfectly there.

If it's not working correctly, you need to contact Adobe Technical Support. As I have said before, the program been fully tested, so it's likely there's something unusual with your setup. The installer creates a log file. On my system, it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 11.0 04-30-2010.log.gz. An Adobe technician needs to examine your log file to work out what's causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the installer file you asking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i left my pc on and went to sleep, after hours later then dreamweaver finally was open, when i woke up. what could be problem with it? i started again and its on hang again, so im guessing after hours later it will open again. any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i just installed my missing drivers for my motherboard, which was just audio and marvel.. i didnt do anything else, but my dreamweaver works perfectly fine now. and start right away. 😕

it sound stupid, but check if your all drivers are installed, if not and then install it and check again with your dreamweaver, if it works after it. if it does, then DW is really stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines