Exit

cfchart ignores my scalefrom value

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the following codes in my page.

The style variable holds the custom style. 

<cfchart chartheight="450" chartwidth="550" gridlines="9"
  yaxistitle="Score" scalefrom="20" scaleto="100" style="#style#"
  format="png" >

<cfchartseries query="variables.chart_query" type="scatter"
  seriescolor="##000000" itemcolumn="MyItem" valuecolumn="MyScore"/>

</cfchart>

Before I begin, please go to http://www.monteandjanicechan.com/chart_good.jpg.  This is how I want my report to come up.  On the x-axis, there will always be three items as long as at least one of them has values.  If an item does not have any values (i.e. 2010), there would not be a marker in the chart.

The problem occurs only when only one item has value.  Please see http://www.monteandjanicechan.com/chart_bad.jpg.  As you can see, 2008 and 2010 do not have any values; y-axis is now scaled from 0 to 100.  I have tried setting one of the items (ex. 2008) a value of 0 or something off the chart; it would scale according to this off-the-chart value and the 2009 value.  In short, I have to have at least two items with values between 20 and 100 in order for cfchart to scale from 20 to 100.

My question is, how can I correct the issue so that cfchart would ALWAYS scale from 20 to 100?  I am running CF9.

Thanks in advance,
Monte

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is, how can I correct the issue so that cfchart

would ALWAYS scale from 20 to 100?  I am running CF9.

Have you tried setting the scaleMin and scaleMax in your chart style?

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.  If you have seen that chart_bad.jpg, this is what I am getting with scaleMin and scaleMax specified to 20 and 100 respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weird. It seems like webcharts does not respect the fixed scale unless there are two or more elements. Even when autoAdjust is disabled ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation