• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eclipse (galileo) doesn't start anymore after installing the flash builder 4 plugin

New Here ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had a beautifully working Eclipse (Galileo) working development environment for PHP (with Aptana and PDT plugin), since before I installed the flash builder 4 plugin. Now, when I try to start Eclipse, the eclipse logo screen appears for less than one second and then, nothing, nada, void (aaargh!)... I'm on Windows 7 by the way. Some clue(s) to save my day(s) ?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, problem solved.

First I uninstalled the flash builder plugin, and eclipse galileo was still not starting.

Then I uninstalled java (both jre/jdk, v6.20).

Crossing my fingers, I reinstalled jdk and then jre (latest downloaded); and eclipse ran again (pheeeew!).

Finally, I installed flash builder 4 plugin again, it works too (!), and aptana works, ... all is working back again, fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines