Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS5 takes 5 minutes to start up

May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When loading PPro CS5 - my splash screen gets stuck on "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost" -- for, really, about five minutes.  This is not an exaggeration.  I've timed it multiple times.  The shortest was four and a half minutes, the worst about seven minutes.

After Effects does the same thing -- stuck on "Loading MediaCore."  About the same time delays.

Photoshop and InDesign load without issue.

My system is a three month old Intel i7 with 8 gigs of DDR3 ram along wth an unsupported NVIDIA graphics card with more CUDA cores than the lowest supported card.  Meaning, this isn't some ancient awful system.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong here. On my system, the time between pressing the PR icon on the desktop or quick launch bar and the open project window is around 6 - 7 seconds. using a Velociraptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please run my Premiere Pro Benchmark PPBM4 (yes I know it was designred for CS4) but since Harm has run it sucessfully on CS5 it will tell us how well you machine/OS is tuned and/or configured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks for your note.  This is a three month old Dell Studio Intel i7 system with nice everything.  Additionally, the only issue with Premiere is the start up thing -- after that it performs fine.  So, I think it's pretty clear it's not system capability thing, but rather some kind of software conflict somewhere -- that I had hoped someone else had encountered and resolved.

Again, my thanks for your note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow this link and then continue to the second included link, there are a number of data requested, like Process Explorer and DXDIAG: Some suggestions...

If you post those as screenshots and attachment, we can have a look at what may be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your firewall blocking connexions for the file named dynamiclinkmanager.exe who is located on C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\32.

Add a rule to allow dynamiclinkmanager.exe at least on your local system.

Ooops I forgot the other file named Adobe QT32 Server.exe on the same folder

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jphilip75

My thanks.  All Adobe functions have all permissions with my firewall.  I also checked the specific applications you cited and they have local and web permissions.

I'm grateful for any further thoughts you, or anyone, may have.  It would be wonderful if I could avoid the whole uninstalle/re-install everything thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it's these: Adobe QT32 Server.exe thing.

for hours and hours i installed/uninstalled CS5 suite on a computer without internet connexion. then i installed it on a laptop with connexion and watched my firewall. premiere.exe, Adobe QT32 Server.exe and dynamiclinkmanager wanted network-access. i allowed it Adobe QT32 Server.exe and premiere started without any delay!!!

adobe what's this? i always need internet to use premiere, after FX, encore because of quicktime?! where can i fix this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those components are separate (necessary) processes that are part of the Adobe suite.  Adobe QT32 Server, in particular, is required for anything Quicktime related - since Apple hasn't upgraded Quicktime to 64 bit, we were forced to put Quicktime support routines in a 32 bit process.  Meanwhile, Premiere runs in a 64 bit native process.

In order for these processes to communicate with each other, they rely on TCP IP internally, communicating through 'localhost', which is your local machine.  I don't know why your firewall insists on blocking that port - as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't.  Your firewall should be concerned about blocking incoming connections from outside ports, not what's going on locally in your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wil,

since Apple hasn't upgraded Quicktime to 64 bit, we were forced to put Quicktime support routines in a 32 bit process.

Interesting tid-bit, and one that I had not thought of.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wil Renczes wrote:

...I don't know why your firewall insists on blocking that port - as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't.  Your firewall should be concerned about blocking incoming connections from outside ports, not what's going on locally in your machine.

hey wil,
no, on the computer without internet connexion there is no firewall. so nothing is blocked. i noticed it on the "internet-computer" that comments any network activity over tcp/ip.
in the meantime i activated tcp/ip on the other computer, connected a lan-cable but nothing changed. it took about 5 minutes to start up premiere (encore, afterFX).
my question: what more windows services are needed? could there be any conflict, when cs5 is not installed at the windows system partition, but on my program partition? is there any .log written when i start premiere?
definitive there is problem with loading "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm". i watched the Plugin Loading.log of premiere, encore, afterFX. what's up there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

AfterEffects pops up message "No QuickTime installed" after mentioned delay.

And I have QT 7.6.6 Pro installed and fully working.

Premiere stops loading at ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm, or something like that. Then continues after several minutes... Then stops at QuickTime importer. Then continues after several minutes. Then when you are in Premiere you can not import or export MOV.

I'm using Windows7 Ultimate.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QT 7.6.3 & 7.6.4 had issues with Adobe programs, just as 7.5.3 & 7.5.4 did. I had heard that 7.6.6 was a good version, but have to admit that for me, 7.5.5 was the "last known good." Wonder if 7.6.6 is following in the footsteps of its recent predecessors? Maybe try with a copy of 7.5.5.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In requirements for CS5 they said QT 7.6.2, so I uninstalled 7.6.6 and tried with 7.6.2, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting on the QT version requirement. Did not know that.

Sorry that it did not work either.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

QT 7.6.3 & 7.6.4 had issues with Adobe programs, just as 7.5.3 & 7.5.4 did. I had heard that 7.6.6 was a good version, but have to admit that for me, 7.5.5 was the "last known good." Wonder if 7.6.6 is following in the footsteps of its recent predecessors? Maybe try with a copy of 7.5.5.

Good luck,

Hunt

FINALLY IT RUNS!
my solution was to install quicktime 7.6.6. thx to all the guys here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple questions - do you have any 3rd party (non-Apple) codecs installed? If so, what are they?

If not, do you have a firewall or antivirus app installed and if so, which one(s) do you have?

Any other pre-CS5 apps running at the time? (say, previous version of Premiere or AE).

There is interprocess communication that occurs between the applications (AE, PPro, AME) with dynamiclinkmanager.exe, as well as between the quicktime application itself (Adobe QT32 Server.exe), which needs to interact via tcpip. It's also possible that there is a quicktime codec installed which is getting invovled, knowing which part is being grumpy would be really great.

Thanks,

-EricS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean installation of Win7 x64.

Using NOD32.

Using Comodo firewall.

No other Apple apps.

No 3rd party codecs.

No other Adobe apps running.

BUT when I diable Firewall it works with no problem.

BUT I need Firewall.

What App or IP address I need to unblock in firewall to get CS5 and firewall running together?

Thanks!

EDIT: It seems I need to unblock Premiere and QT server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may experience something similar when launching Adobe Media Encoder as well. Another application which will use a similar mechanism for communicating is PProHeadless.exe (also found in the Premiere application folder). It sounds like you're up and running now without the slowdowns though, glad to hear it!

-EricS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm little paranoid regarding internet attacks.

I would like to keep programs blocked in firewall while CS5 is working... but how?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put a switch on your internet cable and disconnect from the web.while editing>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along those lines, I am on a DSL connection, though behind a hardware firewall, between the connection and the workstation, and NOT within the workstation. In 15 years, I have never had one breech. Maybe I have just been fortunate, but also have zero Internet presence, while editing, and my guard (software) is down.

Just an observation,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over six minutes for Premiere and After Effects to load this morning.  All Adobe

applications have full permissions in my internet security programs.

This is outrageous.  I've just paid a small fortune for programs that loads slower than "Return To Castle Wolfenstein" on my Apple IIc.

Is there a way to disable "ExporterQuickTimeHost" in Premiere?    Any other solutions come to mind for After Effects?  (I haven't yet messed with Encore)   Are there specific ports that I can do something about to fix this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over six minutes for Premiere and After Effects to load this morning.

Did you obtain the information that Harm asked for in post #6?  If not, please do so.  If so, please post it to help us help you.

Until you accomplish all of that, I have one thing for you to check.  I'm guessing blind here, but it's a reasonable guess: Do you have any real-time or full-time anitvirus scanners running?  If so, disable any scan-on-access type of setting and try launching again.

If that fails, then Harm's link is the way to proceed from here.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All:

I just installed the trial version of CS5 Production Premium.

When I try to start PProCS5, the splash screen appears; then nothing.  No indicator that anything is loading.

After reading the post I opened the firewall for Quicktime and Dynamic Link; still nothing.

I am in locked down environment as far as antivirus is concerned (on-access scanning is enabled by sysadmin, unable to change setting)

Running Windows 7 Enterprise

Dell XPS

i7 965 3.20 Ghz

6 GB RAM

Dual GTX 285 cards

Any clues other than those already in the post.

We have a number of machines in this configuration running in a University graphics lab and were going to install CS5 this summer; but if I can't get Premiere to run; we'll stick with CS4

Thanks,

Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines