• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Services panel Refresh command fails

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to make the Refresh command work. I'm attempting to ue it withj BlazeDS, and is currently using version 4 of Blaze. I've used it both with Blaze direclty, as well as running Blaze under Spring. Same problem. I am able to establish the server from scratch, but the Refresh command always fails updating the service. I want to use Refresh after making server side changes (eg, changed the types of some DAOs being passed back from the server, or added some new server methods).

Here's what I get in the error log:

Description Resource Path Location Type

The destination "fooService" used by service "FooService" was not found in the services configuration file. Update the config file and refresh the service in the Data/Services view.

But clearly there's nothing wrong with the "services configuration file", since it works perfectly if I remove the service and then immediately add it back in. So it seems to be something in he FB end that's getting confused.
Any suggestions are most welcome. Re-creating the service (and re-establishing all data management and paging stuff) for every server side change is getting a bit tedious.
-JM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting the web-server each time you make server-side changes. Hopefully that should work. Let me know how it goes

-

Anand Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that. As a matter of fact, I believe it even happens automatically as I make changes to the project. I'm using Netbeans to debug on a locally hosted Tomcat. But I've also restarted the server, and it doesn't make any difference.

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a sample BlazeDS introspection example and did a refresh  after changing the serverside code. The refresh didn't work.

But the moment I restarted the tomcat-server, and did a refresh it did work !!

I hope you too are using  a sample service (the names foo suggests that ). If you could pass on the java file and describe the changes. I would try to see if i can reproduce the same. [I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't work]

Anand Gaurav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, wouldnt the fact that FP4 picks up the correct data structures after removing the service indicate that the problem isn't on the server side? After all, if the problem was on the server side, removing and re-creating the service on the client side shouldn't help. But it does. Also, since re-creating the service works every time, it seems to indtcate that it is the Refresh command thatäs broken, not the server side RDS mechanism as such. Just a thought.

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>

> since re-creating the service works every time, it seems to indtcate  that it is the Refresh command thatäs broken,

> not the server side RDS  mechanism as such.

>

Good point here.

Please try to send a small sample. and the series of stes to reproduce the problem because on my sample all seems to work fine. And if possible file a defect with the sample and steps. You can file the defect @ http://bugs.adobe.com/jira

Do mention the following:

1. Versions of Webserver, BlazeDS

2. Attach a sample app which shows the current problem

3. Steps to be followed

Anand Gaurav | Flex Builder Team | Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same exact problem:

"The destination "testService" used by service "TestService" was not found in the services configuration file. Update the config file and refresh the service in the Data/Services view."

I am guessing that this is probably because I am using Spring-BlazeDS Integration. When I use Spring, I don't need to specify the destination in the remoting-config.xml, and that is probably why the error said that "the "TestService" was not found in the services configuration file". If I deleted the service from Data/Services view, and created the service from scratch, it is working; only the Refresh does not work.

When the error happens, my Flex project is completely hosed. I can't compile the project anymore because the error keeps showing up. I need to delete the service to make the error disappears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I file a bug: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/BLZ-535

I would really appreciate if someone can try to reproduce the issue and confirms whether there is an issue there.

All the files, steps to reproduce are in the bug description.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines