this works fine to outlook but will not be recieved by hotmail

any ideas why this is
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It might be that they are doing a reverse DNS check on your domain... I just checked, the ip for www.northsydneycc.com.au is 202.60.64.116, for which the reverse DNS lookup gives ns1.ensimsystem.com. They might not accept your mail because "northsydneycc.com.au" does not match "ensimsystem.com"? This might be the problem.

Anyhow, can your CF send mail to other email addresses (not at hotmail)?

HTH
Swift

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Swift

yes the cfmail works for all other email addresses just not hotmail

what can i do to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2006 Sep 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

While I am not an expert at DNS entries and what is needed for reverse DNS matching, I believe what you have to do is get the mail MX record in whoever is hosting your DNS to read something like mail.northsydneycc.com.au. You already have a zone file that contains the routing for www.northsydneycc.com.au, you just need the appropriate MX record. Though, do you have your own mail server? Or do you use someone elses?

I will, however, defer to someone else who really knows what they're talking about. This may not be the solution to your problem, but I think it is.

It is also possible that you have gotten on a blacklist somewhere that hotmail uses. Have you had any viruses lately where your mail server has been used as a relay for spammers at all? Not likely, cause you would have seen an error message that indicated such, but possible I guess.

Swift

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2006 Sep 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
John,

Take a look at this link:

http://kay.smoljak.com/archives/?Stop-cfmail-messages-being-flagged-as-spam

It might have an answer for you.

Also, if I was right with them rejecting your message, then you should have received an email telling you about it. I don't think they've turned that feature off (although a lot of businesses do - spam response can consume a lot of resources). Otherwise, there might be at least an error in the CF logs. Maybe something was malformed to your Hotmail test address?

Swift

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation