Expand my Community achievements bar.

Xpath expression to get multiple instances of a XML node in process

Level 2

Hi,

I am creating a form with a section for adress. Multiple instances of the section can be added dynamically.

the xml corresponding to this section will be like

<address>

<street></street>

<city></city>

<zip></zip>

</address>

When multiple instances of the adress section are added, multiple sets of <address> node will be present. When this form is submitted, I am trying to get the values of all the address sections and assign them to a list process variable like one list for street,one for city and so on.

I could not use any Xpath expression to fetch the values of all the instances. For example, xpath //address will return all the instances of adress nodes in the xml.. ./address//street will return all the instances of the street node. but when these xpath expressions were mapped to the process variable only the first instance of the node is returned. I tried with xpaths like address[*], but only one instance was returned. However when tried with appropriate index positions like address[1] or address[2] the corresponding address nodes are returned.

Can we use any xpath query to get multiple instances of a node in adobe LC process. If yes please help me with the expression. If there are altenate ways also, please suggest.

Thanks,

Muniyaraj

3 Replies

Level 10

What I usually do is use the Count() xPath function to get the number of nodes and then implement a loop in my process with a counter to get each element(in your case address[i]).

Jasmin

Level 2

How are you creating a loop in the process. Is it an additional task(e.g. executing a java program) in the process?(If so can u please explain in detail)

Is there no way to fetch the data using a single xpath expression?

Former Community Member

Not sure if this helps, there is a section about creating loops in the Workbench ES2 Help at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/000187.html#1032146. Another way would be to use a custom component as you suggest but you can do it in Workbench as well.

Hope that helps..

...Gil