5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2010 7:47 AM by TotalCompSupp RSS

Installation errors on Photoshop CS5

paulb15480 Community Member

I have a PC running Windows XP SP3 and I purchased, downloaded, and installed Photoshop CS5. I currently still have Photoshop CS4 installed as well. When I installed CS5 the following "errors" were logged by the installation program:

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 2 warning(s)

WARNING: The payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core  {7DFEBBA4-81E1-425B-BBAA-06E9E5BBD97E} requires a UI parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

WARNING: 1 ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0

ERROR: 9 Failed to add Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 9 Command ARKFontCommand failed.

ERROR: 9 Failed to remove Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 9 Error rolling back command ARKFontCommand

ERROR: 6 Failed to add Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 6 Command ARKFontCommand failed.

ERROR: 6 Failed to remove Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 6 Error rolling back command ARKFontCommand

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Required Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

ERROR:  - Recommended Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second attempt to download and cleanly install the program. The first download had similar errors logged, but I did not capture the errors during that try. Photoshop CS5 seems to be working, at least from a preliminary perspective, but these errors are disconcerting. When I downloaded the second time (which is where this set of errors came from), I made sure I wasn't doing anything else during the download and before I installed, I rebooted the PC, made sure nothing was running, and disabled my antivirus software (basically the same thing I did the first time).

Any thoughts on what might be going on here?