• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove a folder from a project and avoid deleting files on file system?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder in my project that has a ton of files in it that I will never need to edit or search or access in anyway through CF Builder.  I believe this folder is the culprit for the 10 minutes it takes CF Builder to start up.  The only option I can find to remove the folder from the project is "Delete", but "Delete" will delete the files from the file system.  I need the files for my app to run, so I can't delete them.  I just don't want them to be a part of the workspace.  Does anyone know how to remove a folder from a project with out actually deleting the folder/files from the file system?

Thanks,

Donnie Carvajal

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donnie,

I don't know of a simple way to remove the folder from your project (I can think of some "hacky" ways that you'd probably not like).  But as far as your 10 minute startup time...have you disabled "Refresh on Startup"?  Preferences->General->Startup and Shutdown.  If not, this can really slowdown your startup time.  But I think this also means that you might have missing files if they've been added since the last time you opened CFB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good feature to add to CFB to me.  Maybe raise an enhancement request: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html

I'd vote for it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've done to stop the massive images folder from the site I'm working on appearing in CFB (and slowing everything down).

I moved the images folder completely out of my project root.

I then made a mapping in the jrun-web.xml file so the browser still sees the folder there.

e.g.

If my project is in C:\webroot\project and I browse to http://localhost/project to view it.

I move the images folder from C:\webroot\project\images to C:\<other_location>\project_images

Then in <CF_ROOT>\wwwroot\WEB-INF\jrun-web.xml I add:

<virtual-mapping>

<resource-path>/project/images</resource-path>

<system-path>C:\<other_location>\project_images</system-path>

</virtual-mapping>

Restart CF and now I can browse to http://localhost/project/images but the folder itself is not part of the CFB project.

The location of jrun-web.xml is for if you are using CF standalone. Not sure where it is for multiple sites in JRun configuration.

Also this is my own local dev machine. If you are doing this on a shared server, it probably isn't practical.

Hope that is some help,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately moving the folders from this app would take more time and cost more than it's worth to change just so an IDE that is missing an obvious feature can have a work around.

Thanks,

Donnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you raised an issue in the bug base as per my suggestion?  That's the easiest way to get these things sorted out...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

I did add this issue the to bug report for CF Builder.  I also looked on the Eclipse forums and it appears that this issue is also in Eclipse, so I don't know if Adobe can fix it.

Donnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did add this issue the to bug report for CF Builder.  I also looked on the Eclipse forums and it appears that this issue is also in Eclipse, so I don't know if Adobe can fix it.

What's the bug ref number?  I cannot see the issue in the bug tracker? It's always good to report back with the ref number or a direct link to it to encourage other people to vote for it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers mate: I've voted.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an email from the Adobe ColdFusion Team indicating that this bug has been verified and it has been targetted for CF Builder 2.0., Alpha 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness this feature will be added!  The ability to remove certain files/folders from a resource folder in a project would make my life sooooooooo much easier!

It would also be nice if they let you add a single file from a different directory than where the main project folder resides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would also be nice if they let you add a single file from a different directory than where the main project folder resides.

Like if you go File > New > File > Advanced > Link to file in the file system?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation