• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install adobe after effects cs5 {64 bit problem}(on vista)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have a problem with installing adobe after effects it says somthing about 64 bit but i have a vista laptop {windows vista home premium acer laptop}

plz help me!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

After Effects CS5 can't be installed or used on a 32-bit operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aa crap sorry for my language but i have 32 bit cant i have adobe after effects annymore ?

plz do you have a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> i have 32 bit cant i have adobe after effects annymore ?plz do you have a solution

Upgrade to a 64-bit operating system. Trust me: it's worth it.

You can still use After Effects CS4 in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i dont know mutch of techno things but how can i upgrade to 64 bit and

how must i download cs4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> how can i upgrade to 64 bit

That's a question for Microsoft, the folks who will sell you a new 64-bit operating system. You'll want to make sure that your computer hardware is 64-bit, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i know if i can take it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows system, go to http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php. Download the latest version of the CPU-Z program setup listed on the upper left of the webpage. The current version is cpuz_154_setup.exe.

Install the CPU-Z utility, then run it. It will bring up a dialog listing the system specifics. The default tab is CPU. Look under Processor for the Instructions section. For the system to be 64-bit capable, it needs to list EM64T in this section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wel i have downloaded the newest and i go to the tab Caches

and it says

L1 D-Cache

size                          32KBytes                             x2

discriptor                   8-way set associative , 64 bite line size

L1 I-Cache

size                          32KBytes                             x2

discriptor                   8-way set associative , 64 bite line size

L2 Cache

size                          1024 KBytes

discriptor                   4-way set associative , 64 bite line size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say in the Processor, Instructions section?

"The default tab is CPU. Look under Processor for the Instructions  section. For the system to be 64-bit capable, it needs to list EM64T in  this section."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i dont know mutch of techno things but how can i upgrade to 64 bit

You buy Windows Vista/ Windows 7 64bit and install it, assuming your processor ios able to run it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i know if it can take it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use After Effects CS4 in the meantime.

Where can I get a copy of this from? I too have a 32 bit OS, and need a copy of after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Where can I get a copy of this from? I too have a 32 bit OS, and need a copy of after effects.

See this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/639263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got AE CS4 when I bought Production suite CS5 (on an extra DVD) Don't know why it's in the package, but if you bought AECS5 maybe you already have AECS4 as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't AE and Premier Pro CS5 be used on 32bit Win7?? I really need this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can't install on 32bit systems because AE CS5 and Premiere CS5 are 64 bit application only. You should definitly move on a 64bit version of Windows 7 (If you bought a retail box, both 32 and 64 installs are available) and not only for AE, but for your computer performance in general.

Sorry, but there is no workaround or solution to make them both work on 32 bit systems.

Hope that helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I guess i'm just unlucky, but anyway thanks for the help, or merci pour l'aide.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De rien James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the CS5 are for 64-bit operating systems ONLY!  Make sure your laptop can run a 64-bit Operating System and then upgrade to either the 64-bit version of Vista or Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clear some stuff up, not all application are 64bit only. Photoshop is still 32/64bit, Encore is 32bit, and some other programs too.  But if you want specifically to use AE & Premiere Pro, they are 64b only, so you'll need a 64bit OS. I recommand Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install windows vista or seven 64-bit on virtual machine and install adobe after effects cs5 on the virtual machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines