Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet List Breaks in RH8

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After upgrading to RH8 my custom bullet styles have broken. As you can see in the screenshot, they render correctly in the RH designer, but in IE8, the first level bullet loses the space between the bullet and the text, and the second level bullet does not use the correct image.

Here is the relevant CSS:

UL {
    margin-top: 0pt;
    margin-bottom: 0pt;
}

P.Bullets {
    font-family: Verdana;
    font-size: 8.0pt;
    margin-left: -8pt;
    list-style: url("smallorange.jpg");
}
LI.P-Bullets {
    list-style: url("smallorange.jpg");
}

P.Bullet2 {
    margin-left: 8pt;
    list-style: url("Bullet2.jpg");
}
LI.P-Bullet2 {
    list-style: url("Bullet2.jpg");
}

And here is some sample html:

<ul>
    <li class="p-Bullets"><p class="Bullets">Level
     1 bullet .</p></li>
    <li class="p-Bullet2"><p class="Bullet2">Level
     2 bullet.</p></li>
    <li class="p-Bullet2"><p class="Bullet2">Another
     level 2 bullet.</p></li>
</ul>

Here's a screenshot of how it looks in IE8:

RH8_Bullets.png

I created new li styles and dumped the paragraph, and that works fine for new content, but I have a lot of existing content with the paragraph inside the list item and so I would like to find a way to make it render corretly with the existing tags.

If anyone knows how I might be able to fix this, please let me know.

M.S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Hi,

A clean up may not be necessary. Remove the margin-left from the paragraph style (P.Bullet and P.Bullet2) to the list item style (Li.P-Bullet and Li.P-Bullet2). As long as all your lists use the list item styles, the indent should be fixed.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have found, the problem is related to stricter adherence to standards. If you haven't already seen them, these two links will tell you more.

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/lists/lists.php

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm (Look under New > Lists).

You also seem to be using images and that is not currently supported in the list editor. There is however a solution at

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/rh8_lists.htm

I hate to say it but unless Willam has any alternative suggestions, it looks like that clean-up that you understandably want to avoid is going to be the only option. I wonder if a multifile find and replace tool would help? Make sure you back up before you start though.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

A clean up may not be necessary. Remove the margin-left from the paragraph style (P.Bullet and P.Bullet2) to the list item style (Li.P-Bullet and Li.P-Bullet2). As long as all your lists use the list item styles, the indent should be fixed.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp