• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone help me get my book?

New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hitting the dumb ass "IO Error on Network Request. Please check your network connection and try again. Error 2038" message.

I have support calls with the book vendor and Adobe neither of which seem to be doing anything. (the book vendor cancelled the order and refunded so I could try a different book).

I get the .ACSM file downloaded OK and try to open it in ADE then I get the error. ADE is authorised. I have checked my AV /  Firewall (and have now tried on two computers - with different av solutions - using up slots for my ADE authorisations).  I also have ISA server as a firewall and see that the actual get request for the download fails with 404.

In the My ADE folder under \restore\failed I get two more .acsm files one which appears to have all the book details, certificate and voucher information and another which seems to show the job failed and flags it as pending - next time I try to launch ADE it asks if I want to redo the pending tasks and I get all the same errors over again. I can post the files here, but am not sure which bits I should redact.

I see nothing in my client firewall log saying anything is blocked and it has created rules to allow ADE. In my ISA server I see the fulfillment request to ebook.lightningsource.com then the second request which includes the LSCFD.dll and all the other data returns a 404 - now afaik that is not a fault on my end.  As I say after failing to sort it the vendor refunded that book so I was able to try another in case it was just one duff book.  Obviously it is not.

I converted my Cybook reader from mobi format to epub, because that's where the market seems to be going, which is a shame as it seems epub is not a patch on mobi - why do Adobe insist on a page based format when they don't know what size page I have or what size font I am using?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this sounds like a misconfiguration on the Ingram Digital servers, for which you would need to contact the bookseller (which appears to be what you did).  If they are unable to help you then it looks like you will be unable to purchase the book, and getting a refund (which again appears to be what happened) would be your best bet.

You could look for the book from a different book seller ( try http://ebooks.addall.com), however be aware if the books is coming from Ingram Digital, it is most likely that they other booksellers are just doing a resale that will redirect you to the same servers for the same resource, and hence the same problem.

> I  converted my Cybook reader from mobi format to epub, because that's  where the market seems to be going, which is a shame as it seems epub

> is  not a patch on mobi - why do Adobe insist on a page based format when  they don't know what size page I have or what size font I am using?

ePub is not a page based format.  ePub is an industry standard way of packaging XHTML inside of a .zip package, that will reflow correctly depending upon the screen size and the font you have selected.  For more information you can look at the IDPF website  (the controlling body for the ePub standard) at http://www.idpf.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that info. It certainly makes sense that the problem is

with the remote end. I may well try another vendor and of that works

use my remianing credit with FW on unenvrypted stuff.

My bad on the page thing, I am currently Reading a PDF which is not

reflowing very well. I will edit that part of the post if I can

Regards

Sent from my iPod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines