• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting an Adobe Flash Player installer pop-up virus.

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to open a flash video I get a pop-up asking me to download Adobe Flash Player.  I already have the latest version installed.  when I try to close or cancel it, it locks up the web page and shuts down the browser page.  I'm using IE 7.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have already identified the pop-up as a virus, there is really no point of asking for help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm trying to get rid of it.  My spyware/virus software does not help.  The pop-up is not visable on task manager.  It just keeps coming back and locking me up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to hijack the startmenue for some programs which don`t seem very normal. Maybe the virus was at first on your pc and the adobe reader has nothing to with it. Or Adobe is watching you...

🙂

T. Schröder

http://www.der-grosskuechen-store.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the Pop-up is not the offical Adobe Flash Player Installer that displays the Adobe DLM.  This is an imposter looking very much like the offical with slight differences.  But it will not let me close/install/ignore.  It remains on my screen until the lock up clsoes that web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem. Drove me nuts! would kick me out of my email everytime. The only solution I found was to delete adobe flash. Now my internet works but I dont have adobe flash.  I have not tried to download flash again but I think I may give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been caught in that  loop also.   I would uninstall and reinstall.  When I uninstalled the pop-up would change to just the little yellow banner at the top of the web page stating the program wants you to install Flash Player.  Then shut down the page if I ignored it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you are still having problems, I would use one or both of these scanners:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

I'm not sure if eset removes what they find or not, but I know Malwarebytes does.

Hope it helps,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have been running malwarebites weekly for months.  I doesn't get this one.  I'll try the other one and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb, I downloaded esetnod32 from CNET and it totally locked up my computer.  I could not remove it.  I finally did a system restore to save my computer.  Pop-up still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well that does not sound good at all. Here is the number for Microsoft's security line. 1-866-PC Safety.

Hope that will help solve your problem.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines