Expand my Community achievements bar.

I receive an error when attempting to distribute a new form

Level 1

I saw this post at some point with no answers. My error states, "The filename you specified is not valid because it does not include a .pdf extension, contains one or more invalide characters or the path preceding it refers to a protected system location". I am choosing to manually collect responses in my email inbox and to distribute it by sending it automatically using Adobe Acrobat; however, i've tried to other response and distribute options and get the same error.  My file name is TestForm.pdf and I have save both a Static PDF (*.pdf) version and a dynamic xml pdf version to trouble shoot. All options still get me the same result when using the distribute wizard. Also, I have Administrator rights to my C: and netword drives, so there's no permission (path) error, no invalid characters issue and it has a pdf extension. - Angela

2 Replies

Level 1

I am also having this problem.  I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue?

Level 1

I have not. I think it was answered, but I had to find another solution. Waiting months for someone to answer from Adobe was not an option for me.