• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image, Open/Close for 'TOC Book properties' (for CHM HTML Help)

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

(1) Where is the control for globally setting the book image (e.g., purple book, yellow folder) for all books. I have done this once before have since forgotten.

The setting – 'TOC Book properties > Advanced > Image' – does it for just the selected book.

(2) Is there a way I can set of setting a TOC Book node so that it is open by default (showing its sub books/nodes) on running the CHM HTML Help?

TIA

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

You handle this via use of a customised icon strip. Rick Stone's tip n'tricks file shows you how. As for your second question, I believe the only way to achieve this would be to have the CHM file's default topic inside the book to be opened. You may also be able to achieve this by some form of Javascript although I can't help you with that. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone else will point this out.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • F

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You handle this via use of a customised icon strip. Rick Stone's tip n'tricks file shows you how. As for your second question, I believe the only way to achieve this would be to have the CHM file's default topic inside the book to be opened. You may also be able to achieve this by some form of Javascript although I can't help you with that. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone else will point this out.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> As for your second question, I believe the only way to achieve this would be to have the CHM file's default topic inside the book to be opened.

Fantastic!  You gave me a great idea.

I made a 'book' (node) called 'Welcome' and I linked it to my Welcome topic. So now the whole 'Welcome' book opens.

( And that also solved for me another issue.)

Great thanks!

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>> You handle this via use of a customised icon strip. Rick Stone's tip n'tricks file shows you how.

Thanks for pointing this put to me. But I don't think i did it that way.

Anyway, I just fixed the one book icon that I changed (by mistake), and that's enough for now.

tnx

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp