• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you make a gradient background on a button in flex 4

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, this is driving me crazy. Below is my css for a button in file.  I want a gradient background on a button in flex 4. I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this. There is no longer the backgroundColors option. chromeColor is only a single color and all the examples I see on the web using fill, and linearGradient throw up errors so I assume these were only in the beta? This is very frustrating to not be able to do a simple thing in flex 4 that worked in flex 3. Any ideas? Thanks.

Button {

cornerRadius: 3;

highlightAlphas: 0.36, 0;

fillAlphas: 1, 1, 1, 1;

paddingLeft: 5;

paddingRight: 5;

backgroundColors: #ff6600, #ff9900, #ffffff, #eeeeee;

color: #ffffff;

disabledColor: black;

textRollOverColor: #000000;

textSelectedColor: #000000;

borderColor: #ff6600;

fontWeight: normal;

}.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the shortest/simplest solution instead of 'chromeColor' try 'accentColor'. It gives very nice subtle gradients.

But if you want to control it really, just make a custom skin - copy the default skin and then play with gradients in the layers.

HTH,

FTQuest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

accentColor does not work. I am still unable to figure out for the life of me how to apply a gradient on a flex 4 button so my buttons look like they did in flex 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the accentColor style only works if the Boolean emphasized property is set to true.

There isn't a SWF, but some easy copy-paste examples at http://blog.flexexamples.com/2010/04/05/setting-the-accent-color-on-the-spark-button-control-in-flex... to see what the accentColor vs emphasized bits do.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be what you're looking for, but since you are stuck, I'll elaborate on what FTQuest was saying. It will only take a few minutes to do this.

In FB4:

1. right-click the button, choose "Create Skin", give it a package (directory) and name (filename), host component "spark.components.Button" and "Create as copy of" "spark.skins.spark.ButtonSkin".

This creates junk.mxml for you, the skin file.

2. In the source of junk.mxml, change layer 1 (shadow) and layer 2 (fill) colors as I did here in this code. Note that where you see {color#}, this is data-binding to a variable I've made in a color.as file that I've included in the skin file. In fact, that is ALL that I changed in the skin file it generated for me.

snippet from colors.as:

public

var color1:int = new int(0xA1D190);

snippet from junk.mxml:

<![CDATA[

include "Colors.as";

layer changes in junk.mxml:

<!-- layer 1: shadow -->

<!--- @private -->

<s:Rect id="shadow" left="-1" right="-1" top="-1" bottom="-1" radiusX="2">

<s:fill>

<s:LinearGradient rotation="90">

<s:GradientEntry color="0x000000"

color.down="

{color5}"

alpha="

0.01"

alpha.down="

0" />

<s:GradientEntry color="0x000000"

color.down="

{color6}"

alpha="

0.07"

alpha.down="

0.5" />

</s:LinearGradient>

</s:fill>

</s:Rect>

<!-- layer 2: fill -->

<!--- @private -->

<s:Rect id="fill" left="1" right="1" top="1" bottom="1" radiusX="2">

<s:fill>

<s:LinearGradient rotation="90">

<s:GradientEntry color="{color2}"

color.over="

{color3}"

color.down="

{color4}"

alpha="

0.85" />

<s:GradientEntry color="{color4}"

color.over="

{color5}"

color.down="

{color6}"

alpha="

0.85" />

</s:LinearGradient>

</s:fill>

</s:Rect>

You can (and maybe should) hardcode colors in here to do your gradients. After this, your button will need to use the skin, like:

<s:Button ... skinClass="Skins.junk">

... where "Skins" is the name of the package/directory I told it to create the skin in.

This may not be ideal for you, but it's working for me. Regarding having variables for color values, I posted a thread this morning asking if this is the best way to do things or not, so I don't know if it's the way to go.

Hope this helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines