Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem reinstalling FB4 premium after installing CS5 MC on windows 7 64-bit

Explorer ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was hoping that I could get some help with an issue -- I filed a technical request (ticket)  with Adobe but also wanted to reach out here.

Background:

I installed FB4 Premium in March, and had no issues with the download or install -- everyhting had been working fine. Yesterday I installed CS5 MC and in the process of installing it over-wrote the debug versions of flash player that come in FB4 premium with standard flash player. Naturally,that won't work with FB4 so I needed to find a way to reinstall the debug version of flash player plug-in and active x. After trying unsuccessfully for while to do so, I decided it would just be easier to uninstall and reinstall the FB4 download which I still had on my machine, as this comes with the debug players I need. Big mistake. Now I can't get FB4 to reinstall. I am getting the following error messages while running the install set-up (see uploaded image of error message below). Any thoughts at all on how I can resolve this? I did try several reboots, new installs and even re-downlaoded FB4 again from the Adobe store. It appears the presecne of MC5 has caused this somehow?? I run windows 7 64-bit pro. By the way, I did figure out (too late) the way to reinstall the debug flash player -- I first needed to run a script to delete the existing flash player rather than just uninstall it; if anyone needs the script or help on that let me know.

hanks very much -- this has me stumped.

Bob

errormessage.jpg

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Hi Bob,

CS5 MC includes FB4, so after MC is installed, there's no need for installing FB4 separately.

The Standard versus Premium editions are controlled by different SNs:

- if you're in trial mode for CS5, you'll still be in Premium mode for FB4

- after applying a CS5 MC Serial Number, you'll be in Standard mode for FB4.

[Aside: I agree that MC ought to include FB4 Premium instead of Standard, but that's a different story.]

If you want to upgrade FB4 Standard to Premium, there are instructions from M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - just posed this and tried to "copy and paste" error messages into this box but coudln't do that (am I missing something) so tried to upload an image of the eror text, but my front page to forums says uploads not working (??) -- can people see the error codes I attached as an image and if not do they know how to paste the code into this box -- for some reason I can't do that when I right click or from menus that I see.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed one thing on attempting another reinstall of FB4 premium standalone ... post CS5 MC install -

-- there is a link in one state of the FB4 premium standalone installer that says "more" which presumably gives more info about components being installed. I just clicked on the link and noticed that it opens up a CS5 install document -- which obviously can't be right because this download is from FB4 premium standalone. So some how the install of CS5 MC has now made the FB4 premium standalone installer "try" to install through CS5 and it is throwing errors about payloads not matching.

Does this make any sense as to why the FB4 premium standalone will not install after installing CS5 MC/

I run windows 7 64 bit pro

Thank you

Bob Avena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

CS5 MC includes FB4, so after MC is installed, there's no need for installing FB4 separately.

The Standard versus Premium editions are controlled by different SNs:

- if you're in trial mode for CS5, you'll still be in Premium mode for FB4

- after applying a CS5 MC Serial Number, you'll be in Standard mode for FB4.

[Aside: I agree that MC ought to include FB4 Premium instead of Standard, but that's a different story.]

If you want to upgrade FB4 Standard to Premium, there are instructions from Mayank for how to do that posted here (among other places):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/630566

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for this insight. It worked. Now I just have a few issues around getting a shortcut for FB4 on the desktop and fixing the FB4 app icon (which now shows up as blank). But it is running as FB4 premium -- Thank you so much!! I have also sent an email to the Adobe engineers working on this case.

I realized that my big mistake was thinking that I needed to reinstall FB4 premium standalone to get FB4 premium to work -- but this was not possible (due to how CS5 installer works) and not needed (because CS5 has all of the code needed to run FB4 premium). The answer (as you described) was simply to go abck to the CS5 installer let it install FB4. While CS5 would initially install FB4 as standard, the serial number "games" described here and in other posts would allow me to upgrade to to FB4 premium. It now works as FB4 premium!

Thank you Chris,

Bob Avena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines