• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is Automate, PDF Presentation gone in CS5?

May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find this important feature in CS5, I use it all the time in CS2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Zeno does not work for Adobe. So don't cuss. We are end users just like you and for the most part agree with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been moved to the Optional Plug-ins section in CS4 (they haven't posted the Optional Plug-ins for CS5 just yet). Use the Output Module from Bridge to create PDF presentations instead.

Create web galleries and PDFs with Adobe Output Module:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/creativesuite/cs/using/WSe851854fd1e0856a-4b08a77612477f69f15-8000.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find the optional plugin for automate pdf presentation

I don't like the new bridge way of doing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry about that, the PDF Presentation is gone so you'll have to use Bridge instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually upset that this WONDERFUL feature was removed. It made my life so much easier and the results were excellent. Bridges CS5's results shocking, intrusive and ruin the designs I do when I want to build a simple PDF presentation for viewing.

I'm more confused why it was removed, it wasn't harming anyone. In fact it made the world go round a bit smoother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"sorry about that"??

When the hell did you stop caring about the end user?

If you search the forums for "PDF presentation CS5" or "Contact Sheet CS5", you'll see a lot of people used these functions.  Who's stupid idea was it to get rid of these?

CS5 is not an upgrade.  It's a HUGE headache.  If you add features, fine, JUST LEAVE THE OTHER ONES THERE.  Stop removing things because you think people shouldn't use them.  "Sorry about that" doesn't work for people who make a living using this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno does not work for Adobe. So don't cuss. We are end users just like you and for the most part agree with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno I apologize - all of these issues have become a huge source of frustration and wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this feature getting back into photoshop?  I have CS5 and I must say this cost me almost 2 hours of frustration and I agree with others - bridge isn't the answer - at least the way it is done now.  Since photoshop is an object based application, why take this out???  If this was a marketing move to get us to buy acrobat, that would be very sad indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solution to this yet? i'm waisting time as i'm typing this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone:  If you want to communicate your concerns DIRECTLY with Adobe, I recommend you use the Wish Form:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only assume they're trying to strong arm people into buying/using other Creative Suite software.  No solution yet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's getting pretty low then. Going to rethink my future purchases with

adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree so much with you...

Can we make a vote to restaure this plugin ?

Output in Bridge is not the same plugin at all :

where can i convert into a different ICC profile the pdf for exemple...

or try to export pdf contact sheet with 200-300 PSD files

(i don't even know if it works because it takes so much time i had to crash the application...)

Downgrade ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add my voice to this request as well.  One of my common tasks in Photoshop was to open a multi-page PDF document, erase various markings from the pages, and re-export it as a PDF again.  Now it appears the only way I can do this is to open the document, make my edits, and then save every page to my drive as separate files, launch bridge, locate the files, and then use the 'output' feature to re-compile them again.  Seems like Adobe chose to arbitrarily dump a perfectly good and very handy feature in favor of making me use a secondary app that I never open for anything else.  What used to be a five second job now takes five minutes.  Idiocy.  Hope someone creates a plugin or automation to restore this lost functionality...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess someone in the Bridge team convinced someone in the Photoshop team that Bridge made it redundant (Ha Ha    ).

Another reason to keep older versions installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're such idiots to remove PDF presentation AND Contact Sheet II, and leave us with the useless Output garbage.  It doesn't tell you how many pages it's generating, and it doesn't automatically size the page like PDF Presentation does.

On top of that, their useless Optional Plugin package installs a Contact Sheet II that doesn't even work!  It returns an error "The command “<unknown>” is not currently available."

Are there a team of monkeys at Adobe?  No, no..  ..monkeys wouldn't do something this retarded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error means that you probably didn't install the plug-in in Photoshop, just the scripts from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the exact instructions provided in the download.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe screwed up the instructions too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back this plugin!!!!!!!!!! That was such a useful feature and now i have to boot out of cs5 just to boot up cs3 such a pain in the a$$....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bring Back Contact Sheet II! Damn it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines