Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disabling username/password challenge

Level 2

I created a process in workbench to pull data from a database and added a data connection to the service to call the process and bind the data fields to the form. When I click on the button to invoke the service I am challenged with entering my username and password before the service returns any data. Is there a way to disable the username and password request when invoking the process from the form?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Mike,

Below that authenticate, the "Run As", try this: select "Special Run As" box and select "System" in the drop-down box and Save. Make sure you Save it for the change to be effective. Hope it helps.

Han Dao

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Yes. You can remove security on any service using the adminui.

Go under Services/Applications and Services/ Service Management and search for your service.

Then in the security tab, disable security.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

In the adminui, I went to the Security tab for the service and set dropdown for Require callers to Authenticate to No, but I am still being challenged for username and password. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Mike

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Mike,

Below that authenticate, the "Run As", try this: select "Special Run As" box and select "System" in the drop-down box and Save. Make sure you Save it for the change to be effective. Hope it helps.

Han Dao

Level 2

Thanks Han.

Looks like that did the trick! Thanks again.

Level 10

This is because you remove the security on your service, but your service was in turn calling other services, like setValue, etc.

You would have had to remove security on these services as well.

That's why we implemented the RunAs feature to avoid disabling security on every service.

Jasmin

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----