• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in Introspection Wizard in the release? the wizard is VERY slow

New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys... so in my application i use multiple webservices... and i usually just go to Data -> webservice, and then follow instructions from there...

in the beta i had no problems but once i downloaded the release version of flash builder 4, the wizard seems to have slowed down incrediblely... before it used to take about 10 seconds to get the webservice... but now that exact same service takes over 3 hours....

its very annoying to work with... is there any possible way i can fix this???

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 Hours seems a way too much !!

Is it a specific web service which takes time ?

Can you check again with beta and release versions one after the other with just the web-service which is having this problem ? If its a recurrent problem, it would imply that its not a nework issue and if so, would it be possible  for you to share the link/wsdl file with us (send it at: "angaurav at adobe dot com")?

Thanks,

Anand Gaurav

(Adobe Systems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i was trying to find a download for the flex builder 4 beta 2... but i could not find it anywhere... and the beta said that the liscence i was using before had expired... thats why i bought flash builder 4

would you know of any place i could download beta 2 from??

and its not just a specific webservice... i use about 4 different web services... and every single one of them takes over 2 -3 hours to process the information.... these webservices are exactly the ones that i used to use in the beta 2... and it used to work like a charm there...

even refreshing them takes just as long...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i just barely reinstalled flex builder from the cd and then i tried to get the service again, this time it took about an hour and a half... and with no errors... so i know that my service has no errors...

so any solutions to my delima??

thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be two problems which I can think of, for this behaviour :

1. Network issue.

--> Try out a publicly available WSDL (e.g. http://www.webservicex.com/globalweather.asmx?WSDL) and see how much time it takes to introspect this one. If this also takes time then there is really some problem with the release version and we need to ascertain as to why this is happening.

2. FB's introspection algo change since beta (which I doubt).

--> Send one of your WSDL whose introspection takes so much time so that we can try it out here. send it to "angaurav at adobe dot com"

Without something on which I can reproduce the issue locally it would be very hard to find out the reason in this case.

Regards,

Anand Gaurav.

(Adobe Systems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey anand, i just tried the wsdl you provided, and it seems to be taking just as long as my services... i'll send you a link to my wsdl in the e-mail... im not sure if it would work, but let me know if it does yeah?

thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be in network mostly. Do this:

Copy the WSDL in your local directory. While introspecting give this local path and see how much time it takes to introspect. If this introspection happens smoothly then we can confirm there's a network issue playing a role here.

Please lemme know how it goes

+Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

umm... i copied the svc to my project... how exactly should i tell the introspect wizard to take the service from my local directory?

i have the svc in my flex project -> Assets folder..

i went to Data -> webservice , and i tried doing Assets/StoryHandler.svc?wsdl, that didnt work.. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the absolute path. Full path from root (/) on Mac or full path from C:\ on Windows..

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, i tried doing /Assets/ServiceHandler.svc?wsdl, and also ./Assets/ServiceHandler.svc?wsdl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Asset would be relative to your project.

Right click on the wsdl file. Click on Properties. A popup window will appear. In that under "Location: " the full path would be listed. Use that very path.

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

treid that as well.. and i got the following error

There was an error during service introspection.
WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing 'file:/Users/tkanagala/web%20projects/flex%204/oneStopImageVersion/src/Assets/StoryHandler.svc?wsdl'.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just send me the wsdl file.

Let me check it out.

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get the file by the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope still waiting for it !!

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send to angaurav at adobe dot com

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k, i sent you another copy... let me know if u recieve it yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.. What's the id from which you are sending the mail/file ? Send me your id here. I will mail you to which you can reply with the file. Don't know whats going wrong here

+anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an error during service introspection.
WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to resolve imported document at 'https://www.mycompanysite.com/Secure/Applications/services/Service.svc'.: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

HERE IS MY CROSSDOMAN.xml file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*"  secure="false" />
<!-- This domain can accept any header from a SWF file on any subdomain of example.com and supports https requests -->
<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

TO NOTE:

We have been running this certifcate for more than 1 year.

The certificate works with all browsers too.

THIS SAME SERVICES  (WCF Service)

works with

AJAX

JQUERY

JAVASCRIPT

and WCF TEST CLIENT  (over HTTPS)

IN FLEX IT ONLY works when I copy it to a HTTP environment

PLEASE HELP ME communicate with HTTPS with FLEX

TO NOTE: This is not a SVC(WCF) problem either, Becuase I have an asmx file on the same location and it also gives me the error.

thanks,

Doug Lubey of louisiana

www.douglubey.com

AS OF 7/28/2010 4pm I submitted a bug to ADOBE

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27224

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from my end, i think i have a proxy issue, and i was trying to connect to my wsdl on a mac machine, and I think its missing somehting in the connection end. What i ended up doing is copying my project to a windows machine and after a couple of restarts of flash builder the missing thing in the connection came back and i was able to connect to my wsdl in 3 seconds...

hope im making sence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MORE ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH HTTPS:

I have looked at everything to do with my microsoft implementation of Web Services.

Tested asmx  (changed namespaces and target namespaces)

Tested svc (WCF)   (changed namespaces and target namespaces)

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK FOR FLEX.

SO I STARTED TO TEST OTHER OPTIONS IN FLEX FOR Web Services (maybe using a post) in place of SOAP 1.1.

(and using the protocol binding webHttpBinding) ALL OF THIS WORKS FINE.

Here is my code for the action script call:

private function URLRequestExample():void
   {
    var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
    var header:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/json");

configureListeners(loader);

//var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.companysite.com/NOTSECURE/myHelloWorld.svc/webHttpBinding/CallHelloWorld");
    var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.companysite.com/SECURE/myHelloWorld.svc/webHttpBinding/CallHelloWorld");
    request.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
    request.requestHeaders.push(header);
    request.data = '{}';

try
    {
     loader.load(request);
     Alert.show("Request sent");
    }
    catch (error:Error)
    {
     Alert.show("Unable to load requested document.");
    }
   }

AS TO NOTE: first one is remarked out (and works).

HTTPS also works fine too.

So if anyone else has found how to commicate using the data/services wizard (WSDL). I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATED

search engine reference:

flex web services https

flex https data services

flex https crossdomain.xml 2010

flex crossdomain.xml secure

flex 4 crossdomain.xml secure

flex 4 crossdomain.xml secure 2010 valid certifcation path

flex builder 4 unable to find valid certification path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you have any problems with the As code that you have given or do you have problems only with the wizard + HTTPS ?

Right now, the data/services wizard workflow does not support HTTPS.

If you however have any problems with connecting over HTTPS without the wizard, do let me know.

It would also be better if you could furnish more details. (i am just starting and can't gather much from your message :-()

balakrishnan v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR MORE DETAILS:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27224

To answer your question about the AS CODE.

YES my action script for calling the web service works fine (HTTPS or HTTP).

But I wanted to use the wizard (to get the benefits of the WSDL)

it creates all the function calls, classes, value objects.

NOTICE:

I have 3 books on FLEX 4

(2 of them written by ADOBE). 

(nothing indicates this as not available [ SSL - Secure Sockets Layer protocol] using the data wizard)

I do believe you(becuaes I have worked every angle to get it working). But do you have a tech article from ADOBE which indicates this is not available.

-doug

reference:

flex 4 data wizard https

flex builder 4 data and service tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I shall double-check the wizard part for you and get back !

Just a couple of clarifications

you have a wsdl document, that you are trying to import through the wizard and you say that it breaks during introspection.

Where does the https / (secure) part get in here ?

Also, would it be possible to share your code or atleast your wsdl file ?

Just to clarify, I am an Adobe employee. It is just that I am new to the forums and the process of marking me as an employee is underway

balakrishnan vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the WIZARD..

THESE WORK:

I have attempted to use   HTTP://www.mysite.com/services/helloworld.asmx?WSDL  (WORKS FINE)   old ,net web service

I have attempted to use   HTTP://www.mysite.com/services/helloworld.svc?WSDL  (WORKS FINE)      WCF .net web service

THESE DO NOT WORK  (they are the same code files)

I have attempted to use   HTTPS://www.mysite.com/services/helloworld.asmx?WSDL (DOES NOT WORK)   old ,net web service

I have attempted to use  HTTPS://www.mysite.com/services/helloworld.svc?WSDL (DOES NOT WORK)      WCF .net web service

I have even adjusted my "name spaces" to ensure the WSDL is very consistent,

I know SSL only works correctly when the DOMAIN NAME MATCHES THE CALL.  This is why I ensured the namespaces I used

in the code matched the domain I was calling.   YES THE WSDL namespaces matched through out.

-doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines