Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Output of form so result is pdf and not xml

Level 1

I am new to Adobe Lifecycle Designer ES and have created a simple form, which will be submitted by email. When the form is emailed, the resulting output is an XML file. I need the resulting file to be a pdf, with all fields showing.

I have searched and cannot find the means and option to do this. I would appreciate help on this matter.

I am using LC Designer ES ver 8.2.1.

Thanks.

Mark K

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Change the Email Submit button type to Button.

And then change the Type as

Change the Submit type to PDF in the submit tab..

Enter the email address in the Submit To URL section as mailto:YourEmailAddress@YourCompany.com

Submit as PDF.jpg

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Change the Email Submit button type to Button.

And then change the Type as

Change the Submit type to PDF in the submit tab..

Enter the email address in the Submit To URL section as mailto:YourEmailAddress@YourCompany.com

Submit as PDF.jpg

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Srini

Thank you very much. I knew the answer was simple. I missed the point of changing the object to a button.

I do appreciate it.

Another question. If I have a form in an xml format, with Lifecycle Designer, can the xml code be imported in to create the form?

Mark K

Level 10

Yes you can.. You need to use xfa.host.importData(); method to import an XML file to your PDF. Before you do that you need to add a data connection using the XML in form and bind the fields to tags in the XML. This way, when you import the XML ,the form knows where to pupulate the XML tag values..

Check this thread to get a sample file and XML..

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/622594

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Srini