Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sounds captivate 4 with windows 7

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was on XP before and I used Captivate 4 without problem. Since I'm on Windows 7, the audio does not register more. The video capture is ok, but without sound ...

I usually record my games of poker (I'm French), but now, more audio during capture. How do because I'm delivering my tests at a French magazine poker. This is not very serious by Adobe do not have plans to patch for this problem ...

Thank you for your quick reply:)

Philip

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just a question: did you install the patch released in May 2009? Try Help, Updates. This patch solved some sound issues.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know, but what I know is that all my Adobe software are updated continuously, so the patch was installed certainly not?

Otherwise, what is the link for the patch ?

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell us which soundcard is being used in your Windows 7 system?

Also try the following steps --

1. Close any Adobe Captivate 4 application if open

2. Go to start > Programs > Accessories > right click on "Command Prompt" and 'run as administrator

3. In command prompt, go to the location where Adobe Captivate is installed. Generally it is at c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5\

4. Run the command 'regsvr32 NSAudio.dll'

5. Run the command 'regsvr32 WaveEditCtrl.ocx'

You should get successful registration message. Now launch Captivate and try your steps.

Hope it works.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your post code, but nothing works yet!

However, I believe that Adobe has not done its job to Captivate 4 and Windows 7. It is abnormal to go to "command prompt" to run the software. Everyone is not computer. We buy very expensive software to ultimately find that nothing works.

Therefore, I cancel Captivate five straight for our society. All this is not serious. Ask for novices to go to these manipulations is that the program works limit amenable to the process ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just a remark: Win7 was released as OS after the release of Captivate 4, why blame Adobe? If you buy a bag for a 14 inch laptop, and couple of months later you buy a 17 inch laptop...

Perhaps I'm too logical,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
lol, a company like Adobe needs to satisfy its customers. Captivate 4 be released before the W7 is not the problem, and it's still Adobe to offer patches to his former clients but not go to the mechanic in Windows ... I canceled my suite, they have to be more serious for those already "customers" and not "that" for new customers. No comments! Cam Studio has done in 1 minute as Captivate failed in 5 days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources