• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NSIS Error

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Flash 10 and I keep getting this error. I just had to reformat my entire system and I installed Flash onto Two other systems and the download went through just fine but on the third system, I keep getting this error Message:

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged sick, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new

copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line

switch

(NOT RECOMMENDED)

I have researched this error message and done all that is asked and I still cant install Adobe Flash. Please help me?

~Thanks

~Hellius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds a bit excessive to me - formatting your system just because you get an error message from the Flash Player install!

Questions:

• what is your OS?
  • what is your browser?
  • from where did you download Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2010 Mar 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reformatted due to a virus, not due to Adobe Flash player...

Im running Windows Vista

Google Chrome is the browser

www.Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have downloaded that installer -- when I double-click to run the file, I get the NSIS error message.

It's amazing how many websites I frequently visit that use Flash, that I cannot access right now!

Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble -- Adobe Flash Player stopped working on my computer (a Dell laptop running Windows XP Professional) AND on my girlfriend's Mac around the same time.  Besides sharing the same wireless signal, there's no connection between our machines.

Neither of us have been able to re-install Flash, and I've tried having Firefox do it automatically (usually the easiest step), tried having the Adobe download manager do it (tells me there is a GUI error), and also have tried downloading the standalone executable file, which I can save to my desktop, but won't run -- I get the same NSIS error message as in the 1st post.

I would think this had something to do with our wireless network, due to the otherwise amazing coincidence of both our machines having the same problem simultaneously, but I was still unable to get Flash while at work, on a different network.

I'm confused and frustrated.  Now, anytime I try to view a webpage containing Flash animation, I mostly get lines of HTML code -- and on her Mac, that's basically all that she gets!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I've perused these forums as much as I can, and I've run out of ideas.  Thanks very much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines