• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppressing the Nav Pane

Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An extensive search failed to find it, but didn't someone recently post how to set individual topics to show or hide the Nav Pane?

...or not?

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon

I once created a few skeleton skinned WebHelp systems for a gentleman to use in packaging RoboDemo content for branding and resale. In these systems, I added/modified JavaScript in the topic so that after it opened, the Navigation Pane collapsed as if the user had clicked the icon in the Navigation Mini Toolbar to hide it. As I recall, I had to set a specific timeout via JavaScript to make this all happen.

Does this sound like what you are looking for? If so, post back and I'll be happy to try and locate what I can of that project and give you the bits needed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 16, 2006 Oct 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, Rick.

We're looking at a major re-design, and the graphics/usability guys would like the home and category opening pages to be web-sitey (single panel as site map, with empty space left & right), then evolving to the nav pane setup for all topic pages. Of course, reversing the procedure (clicking a Home button in the toolbar from a topic, for instance) would need to work properly, too.

I appreciate anything you can find, Rick, but don't spend too much time on it. I'm still at the stage where I'm preparing a list of things I can't (RH restrictions) or won't (maintenance issues) do to implement this new design they've dreamed up.

Thx,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp