• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page INDEX and TOC

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In master page, I have used HTML HELP CONTROL and inserted index and toc. I am facing two problems basically,

1. IN INDEX, I want to remove the default heading i.e., "Type in the keyword to find:" and change the display button with a custom image..

2. In TOC I have add custom plus and minus icon, but when compiled to CHM, inbuilt plus and minus icon is also seen (even though i have not selected plus/minus square option while complining)

Can some one let me know what needs to done... END PRODUCT IS CHM file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobe-fm and welcome to the RH community.

Unfortunately the opportunity to customise the look and feel of CHM files is limited. For the index, you can not have a custom image or remove the default heading. With the TOC, are you talking about a custom icon strip? Perhaps you can leave us an image of whet you are seeing. Use the following icon to do so:

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test.pngI have not selected Plus/Minus square, still it is appearing after compiling. Is it due to poisition of toc in position text box on master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally I'm not surprised that the settings you are showing us are having no effect. I believe the settings you are showing only apply to the standard TOC that you get with the CHM window.

What is the specific reason(s) you are electing to use the HTML Help controls instead of the typical Window settings to present the TOC and Index?

The thing is, you are stepping far outside the bounds of normal and typical CHM development. When you do this you have to expect that things won't be seamless and easy.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for the explaination. This is the requirement from my client as we are using background img in that index, toc and content area are fixed... so html controls...

Is there any where we can edit the xml hhc file.. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

You could try editing the file using Windows Notepad. But I'm very doubtful you will have much (if any) success with accomplishing the goal.

Best of luck to you in satisfying said client. Sounds like you have an uphill struggle making things work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I am new to the Forum, so apologies if i go about this the wrong way.)

I have a closely-related TOC prob that i've spent hours researching:

In RH8 i want to replace the TOC icons with my custom Plus.bmp and Minus.bmp. (Primary layout is HTML Help, output is CHM.) RH's Help says

i must add the BMP to my project. Another site said it's important to copy it to where my CHM is output. Another site said i must create an "icon strip." But nothing tells me the whole story! I have these two BMPs now copied to the Output folder.

1) i can only specify one BMP in the Custom Image File field of the TOC Styles Advanced Settings, but i need both. (This is probably where the "icon strip" comes in?) Right now, with this one BMP specified i get an error after compiling "Cannot open the file "<path>Plus.bmp"

2) If i need an icon strip, how do i create it and use it?

ScreenHunter_37 May. 10 15.58.gif

Thanx for any help i can get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

All I can say is welcome to the world of CHM development. I think you will find that using an icon strip is so fraught with issues that you will probably do as so many others have. Conclude that the effort required to make it work and the unreliability of it is simply not worth it. You will probably just abandon the notion and settle for choosing from the 42 icons you already have at your disposal.

But if you really want to fight the icon strip issue, head over to my RoboWizard site and download the Tips and Tricks file. Indeed it's getting pretty old now, but much of the information is still valid. Inside the file (among a swarm of other things) is some information devoted to the Icon Strip.

Click here to visit the download page

Best of luck to you and keep a keen eye out for the blades of the windmills! Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx for the forthright advice which i intend to follow!

And for your Tips and Tricks--much appreciated.

RHmon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp