• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import a recently purchased book.

New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the book today at B&N, and downloaded it. Instead of the typical *.pdb format, this time I ended up with epub format.  Not sure why.  So my regular reader didn't like it.  So I tried to read it in ADE.  ADE is registered with the same exact email address as I use for B&N, but when I try to import the book into ADE, at first it told me it couldn't import, saying it was for a different account.  Now it's in there, but you can't open it to read it.  Why would this happen?  When you click on it to read it, there's no error, it just ignores the click.  I can open other books in ADE, but not this one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full error I receive (I found it's still in there, despite importing the book) is: Document is licensed for a different user account  How can it be licensed for a differnt user account, when I used the same email address as I just registered ADE for?  I have ADE on another computer, but not this one, so I just downloaded a new copy of ADE for this computer.  Would that be the cause of the problem? ANd if so, why?  Both the book and ADE were registered the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B&N uses a slightly different DRM scheme (username and password) that is not currently support by ADE.  For right now, to view these files on a desktop computer you will need to download the desktop software for Mac (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/download/Ereader/Ereader-Mac.asp)

or PC http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/download-reader.asp?dltab=pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

Hope you can help me. I have purchased and downloaded many books from

ebooks.com successfully to my Adobe Digital Editions. The problem is when I try to transfer

them to my Aluratek Libre Pro I get the message

"no permission to transfer document here".

Also, the many ebooks that I have previously transferred to my ereader will not open eithr. The

message I get when I try to open the title on my ereader is "failed to open file!".

Many of these titles I have already read successfully on my ereader, but now I get this

message.....any help??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines