• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oh, Error in FireWorks CS5!

Explorer ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i installed FW CS5, i opened two files one by one... and when i closed 2nd file (2nd file tab). I got this error like FW CS4:

"An internal error occurred"

what's this? any solution... ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Thank you for your help! I couldn't even use Fireworks CS5 - just opening it gave me the internal error.

To fix, I closed Fireworks and

1) downloaded the CS5 updater http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html

2) on Windows 7, renamed the two objects in folder C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS5\English to add a suffix of OLD to each then re-opened Fireworks.

Object I renamed in C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS5\English:

Fireworks CS5 Pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FireWorks CS3

FireWorks CS4

and now on

FireWorks CS5

I just see that things..

"Could not render the database"

"Not enough memory"

"FW Crash without notification"

"FW goes hang if we do hard actions"

If Adobe fixed these errors in FW CS5, why am seeing again..

my PC:

Dual Core 2 Ghz

4 GB RAM

Nvidia 8500 GT with 512MB VRAM

so why FW CS5 with these errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these errors occured in FW CS5??

Well, i came up with some problems too.

When opening fireworks, a message comes up saying something about not having the permission for something, because i'm not logged in as administrator, something like that. I don't remember what it said exactly because i have choosen not to appear again (In adittion, this message box appeared to respond only to double click, don't understand why )

A more serious problem seems to be this: At the welcome screen, the "Open a Recent Item" menu, does not work, except the "open" button.

Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari wrote:

Today i installed FW CS5, i opened two files one by one... and when i closed 2nd file (2nd file tab). I got this error like FW CS4:

what's this? any solution... ????

installing fireworks mx might work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear,i like fireworks, it's a fantastic program, and i'm always excited when a new version comes out, but it looks like adobe does not seem to like it that much. It's a shame because Fireworks is better than Photoshop and Illustrator and should be given more attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening fireworks, a message comes up saying something about not having the permission for something, because i'm not logged in as administrator, something like that.

When you want to run Fireworks, try running as an administrator. Click Start, navigate to a Fireworks icon (I have one pinned to the top, but there's also one in the Adobe folder under All Programs), then right-click the icon and select "Run as administrator."

I don't know if that will help, but that's how you do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it runs normally. But, since i choose not to show again, i don't see any difference now. It probably would have worked earlier.

thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Doesn't work here too.

-- Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally disappointed again! Since first CS I'm constantly getting Not Enough Memory, and Fireworks crash in the middle of the work! And this continues through all versions! I have 8 GB of RAM and still no help. Total SHAME. I was about to buy CS5, but this ridiculous ERROR definitely discouraged me from purchasing.

So sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than "buy" anything, why don't you just test out the trial?

Jim Babbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah  Jim... your right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Jim, how do you think I would get that error if I wouldn't have try it? Of course I'm testing on tryout version.But I assume there is no diference in the full one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, Dave. Let's talk details. What is your OS? Are you experiencing this problem with the same file or multiple files? Can you detail the steps you're taking before the error occurs? Did you have any pre release versions installed? What is your hardware configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, no problem . I'm currently runing 64bit Windows 7 on AMD Phenom II X4  2800 MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4850 and 8GB of RAM. But this error occureed even on my portable computer, with Windows Vista, Pentium Core Duo 2,0 GHz, ATI Mobility radeon X1350 and 2 GB RAM. The problem shows always after a longer work with one project file, no matter if there is single or multiple ones. After about an half of hour of work, the main window of Fireworks became gray all over the drawings and in top left corner the "Not enough memory" text appears. If I have luck I can save the file, but in most cases, I lost all data. I've got this error since CS 2 I think. Currently I have installed both, CS4 and CS5 on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. How many history steps are you set to? Any third party extensions installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, I didn't change it and there is no third party extensions. I took a look, there are 20 maximum undos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're at 50 History steps?

Jim Babbage

http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321562879

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally solve the problem, at least in my case, I erased some files/preferences in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS5 this is the list: "Fireworks CS5.mch", "Font Map.txt" and the installation language folder (in my case "en_GB").

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this a "trial and error" effort, Chess, or did you get the list elsewhere?

Jim Babbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Fireworks CS5 heavily for 40+ hours on old computer that has ooold AMD Athlon 3500+ processor with 1 GB of old DDR ram (yes not even DDR2) with old WindowsXP. And in that time I had Dreamweave CS5 opened also so he took a 'bit' of memory also.

Didn't had not single one 'shutdown', not single one error, nothing everything worked just perfectly.

On stronger computers it works even better, if anyone has any problems with it now, could be other software issues, they are using something else that could then conflict and crash Fireworks.

I was really surprised to see FCS5 working so great on those old computers, couldn't belive it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, a little "trial and error" effort of 2 hours aprox.

By the way, the error came after I changed the size of virtual memory.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just figured out what TRIGGERS "An internal error has occurred." to appear: I am able to move my cursor all around Fireworks CS5 on the menus, sidebars, etc, but once I actually move my cursor over the canvas, the error triggers repeatedly. I have Windows 7 x64, an nVidia 9600 graphics card, 4GB of RAM and a dual-core AMD Athlon processor, and I just did a fresh install of CS5 Gold Master Collection. It's really, really annoying when I'm trying to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GMC is not the final release version. You need to deactivate it, uninstall it, use the Adobe cleaner tool to remove anything that remains, and then reinstall the final release version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2010 Jul 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internal Error Message with CS5 Fireworks

If you ever find out what causes this internal error occurring please let me know

because I can not use my CS5 fireworks at all, no matter what I do to try to fix the problemfrom what I found on the forums,fireworks cs5 still will not load its keeps responding on  the load with" A Internal Error has a Occurred" then all function of the fireworks programs stops and I have to use task manager to just shut it down. It was part of the cs5 web premium suite I bought this may for my company, all the other programs works fine, but the fireworks don't load

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs to no avail and I still keep getting this Internal error message. a few times it even blue screened my computer. I tried downloading and updating all my system drivers and everything is up to date.

I am running a win XP Pro MEDIA EDITION, with a Pen 4 - 2.6 Ghz with Hyper-Threading, 4 megs of ram, a Nvidia Geforce series 8 which is a 1 gig graphic card that has open GL3.0 and GPU 2.0 , so my system should run this programs with easy but it won’t even load.

forget about trying to contact adobe support about the problem evertime i call them they either hang up on me pass me to someone else until we are disconnected. there is no content in the support portal on this issue that i can find, This thread has been the only resources i have found on this issue and everything sugested on here has not workled.

I have no trouble with the fireworks version of CS4 and the 2004 mx.   thankfully i can still use those programs for my work. but its very frustrating to pay so much for a programs that does not deliever.

so if anyone has a answer to this error message please contact me because i would love to use this new version of fireworks. but its nothing more than taking up disk space on my computer and usless to me at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your email, Jony will read email when come online.

Thanks and its automated system, thats why you got message.

Thanks again, Thanks.

Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna thank chess64 for his version to fix the fireworks internal error message i was getting.

Your the salution fixed my issue with fireworks "Internal error"  message accept in my case I had to remove the folder named "Engish" along with the others you suggested.

it totally resolved the issue.

Thank you Chess I owe you a beer: )

Sincerely

Ivy Summers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines