Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANNOT EXPORT MEDIA from Premiere CS4

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything...

I'm on a mac. When I go to "export/media", a popup comes up, I choose my settings (in my case 960x540 PhotoJPEG @ 23.976) Click export...

It slowly opens up Adobe Media Encoder... I see the entry in the queue. I click "Start Queue".. and nothing. It just sits there saying "Loading/Waiting".

Anyone else have these problems?

I can't understand why its so difficult just to export a simple quicktime file from Premiere, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2008 Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info:

If I just let it wait it out... it eventually logs the error. I also tried multiple formats.

From the "source" line... I checked if the file actually existed in that location, and it does appear to be.

Any help... adobe?

- Source File: /Users/wesball/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/TEST Output.prproj
- Output File: /Users/wesball/Desktop/Sequence 01.mov
- Preset Used: 960x540 PhotoJPEG @ 23.976
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 00:46:16
Sat Nov 8 01:16:24 2008 : Encoding Failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Source File: /Users/wesball/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/ISOH_Trailer3_2.prproj
- Output File: /Users/wesball/Desktop/Trailer 3_1.mp4
- Preset Used: Sony PSP Widescreen Video High Quality
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 11:24:01
Sat Nov 8 23:56:00 2008 : Encoding Failed
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible in this case the 'source' means the original media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hit start queue and after a few seconds it starts the encoding.

If this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2008 Nov 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, the location for your source file seems wonky. It seems strange to be in a cache or temporary item folder. Have you checked to see if those items still reside in the source folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2008 Nov 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I entered the PC info until I reread your post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The source file cannot be found!! I can't find the location of this file either. THIS IS A SERIOUS BACKWARDS STEP ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!

I am unable to render any movie files from a movie editing program!! WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?

VERY, VERY UNHAPPY WITH ADOBE (and it cost me £615 to upgarde to a product that no longer functions!!!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have CS3 and CS4 on your mac or did you removed CS3 after you installed CS4?

If that's the case on a PC you get that error message. My solution is to remove CS3 (if you not already done) and reinstall CS4. After I did that the error message disappeared. Don't know if it works for the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC not a Mac.

Yes I do have CS3 still installed. As it happens when I went back to open the file in CS3 (and re-did all the edits!!) It would still not render via media encoder!!!!! I have rendered an uncompressed version tho.

I see were all doing Adobe's beta testing for them!!! This will be my last upgrade from Adobe unless there is a die-for facility (which there wasn't in CS4 - or CS3 or CS2 for that matter!!)

If I can face the CS3 & 4 unistall then re-install CS4 I may try it!! (but not today - I'm completely sickened - hey must be a program upgrade free entitlement!!!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same solution: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6f403/3

I know Premiere can be really frustrating :). Hope they bring a update soon that will fix some annoying bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this link. I'll look at this when I've calmed down.

I did discover that if I rendered the movie via CS3 uncompressed, then opened CS4 Media encoder and added this file, it would then create the compressed version. Before this I moved the uncompressed file to the C drive (I usually have all my movies on external USB drives) Bit of a pain but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem (re:first post above). But a re-install made it work fine. Wondering if there's a quicker command to render to bypass hitting "start queue" in Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm on a Mac running a clean install of Adobe CS4 Master Collection - and I have the same behaviour from Adobe Media Encoder CS4 refusing to render/compress any clips from Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

It puts the "source file" in a temp folder -and the error log says "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted."

During my troubleshooting I've restarted the machine, moved the cache file, output files and changed caching preferences. I've fixed "permissions" on the Start up disk (a Mac-only phenomenon)

No luck.
I don't have and have never installed CS3 on this system - so it doesn't have that "uninstall CS3 issue."

I DID, however, run an update from Adobe that seems to correspond with this issue. The Encoder worked before anyhow. My current version of Premiere is 4.0.1, Media Encoder is 4.0.0 from the OS, but shows 4.0.1.078 in the "About" dialog box.

The Adobe Updater claimed that this 4.0.1 update would fix issues with the Media Encoder - I didn't give it much thought until now.

-- WORK AROUND ANSWER --
Since I don't have a lot of time to beta test the Adobe Software, here's what I did to work around the stubborn issue today. Open up your Premiere Sequence in Adobe After Effects CS4 and use it's Render Que instead. -- For the most part, it looks like this will solve my issue for today. Be sure to check your work. Audio levels, transitions, Title/CG effects might get all whopper-jawed from this backdoor approach.

Fortunately, the project I have to output today is a simple video edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jamiehurt that worked for now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with After Effects CS4 on Vista x64. It started with AE CS3 where I had to render a sequence. It failed (won't start).
After that EA CS3 AND CS4 won't render anything anymore. Even a simple timeline with a tiff sequence. The media encoder window will come up, but when choosing "quicktime" or "windows media" AE CS4 locks up.

Currently unstalled CS4 and CS3 and reinstalling both... hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you want the AE forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He he I noticed later that this was the premiere forum.

BUT the issues are the same.. No export from premiere eighter!
The media encoder will hang Premiere.

I reinstalled CS3 and still not working!

WTF? It seems that I have to reinstall my whole system??
I dont have time for this. :-(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok after some speed digging i found a solution :-)

here is is and I hop it helps for you too Wes..

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404804&sliceId=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have the best knowledge of the issues with exporting projects from Adobe Premiere C4 and being forced into using Adobe C4 Media Encoder.

If you truly have found a solution, please let me know via email or forum. 

I have a 7 min video project, editing in Premiere C4... and everytime I try to export into .avi for any format, Media Encoder sits there.

I have tried preferences, everything I can think of.  Again, I stuck with video that does work with encore, but I need much larger file

video project formats, even flv for the internet...IN SHORT HELP.... FYI.. It does work most of the time if I add a complete video file,

then encode, it works MOST OF THE TIME. 

thanks so much. 

ernie.sigmon@ssvideoconcepts.com

828-778-4854

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is likely not the solution you want to hear, but all my export problems (PC based) cleared up once I moved on to CS5 on Windows 7.  So far so good and I'm working in HD. Hope you found a solution on your current platform. CZorn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CS4 issue with media encoder seems indeed caused by files/preferences of earlier versions. But just re-install CS4 did not work for me:

first try: Remove all CS3, install CS4 >> media encoder failed.
second try: Remove all CS3 with preference folders, registry; install CS4 >> media encoder failed.
third try: Make a new user account in Vista and run under this account >> worked!!!

So, in my case media encoder still tries to use some old settings/preferences and cannot run a new timeline. (It basically cannot handle the prempro project file.) I now kept the new user account and threw away the old one; I couldn't find which settings confused the encoder.... It works now. (thanks for pointing into that direction Menno)

I am again very surprised how unstable Adobe made this product. I had similar issues in the past; esp. with Vista. Maybe Microsoft is to blame too, but other video products seem to be tested better or are far less fragile. Luckily I had just a trial version which I will remove again; not worth spending so much money on.
Also surprising to see that Adobe has no official fix although this issue has been on the internet for months. And it's a serious issue. It basically makes prempro useless.
(and it's a pity, because I really like the product, when it works....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a shortcut on my desktop to the preference folders.
If one of the Applications don't export, I can easely access the preference files and delete them.
The bad side of doiing this is you lose all export presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2009 Jan 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to bea vista problem ???
Can't get it working on my Vista PC (not even by installing a new user ...)
But it works on my XP SP3 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a trial version of Premiere Pro CS4 and it's been great till I got to exporting the project! The encoder opens, no problem but it only encodes one clip. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so i read the whole thread and there is no real solution, only some work arounds that didn't work for me at all.

My issue id the same, Encoder won't Encode and write my Premiere files.

- is there a way to export not using AME

- i have tried but does anyone know if you can get CS4 files into CS3... i liked CS3 ... it could render out my files...

please any help would be great..

and yes i've uninstalled reinstalled etc etc etc

running windows xp64 on mac pro bootcamp

thanks
later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines