Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly can't open topics in design view

New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Last Friday, I had 2 RH projects open when the electricity went out in our building. When I opened these projects on Monday, I suddenly couldn't open most of the topics in design view. A few I can. What happens is that I get the hourglass and then RH stops responding. I waited 10 minutes and no progress. I can still right-click a topic and view/preview it, but I cannot open it in the design window.

So maybe something got hosed in the project, right? Well ... I opened a project that was not open at the time of the power surge and it's experiencing the same issue.

So maybe something in RH itself got hosted, right? Well ... I un-installed and re-installed RH and I still have the issue.

Any ideas? I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks!

Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Admittedly a long shot here. Have you tried reloading the default environment? Additionally, I'd also click Tools > Options and ensure that the WYSIWYG editor is the default. And if it is, try configuring another editor as the default. Then dismiss the dialogs and reset the default back to the WYSIWYG editor.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm experiencing the same type of problem with one of my projects in RH7 as well as a couple more that are in RH8.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Did you check your Tools > Options and ensure RoboHelp was configured as the editor as described earlier?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick –

Thanks so much for your quick reply! Yes, I did check that. I’ve also tried the following:

- created new folders with shorter names

- uninstalled and reinstalled both RH7 and RH8

- created a brand new project and imported a single topic (one that I could not open in the “problem” project and still cannot open in the new project)

- moved my project folder so it’s directly under C: (path is now C:\RHProjects)

I can open some topics but not others and can preview the topics that I can’t open (at least the ones that I’ve tried so far). My guess is that the problem is caused by something that’s in particular topics, but I don’t really know what. They all have Related Topics buttons – I saw another post about that in the forum – so I don’t think that’s the problem because some of them do open.

I have about 700 topics in my project so I don’t want to have to recreate them all. I’m pretty much at my wit’s end – I’ve already missed one deadline and have got another one coming up. I’d appreciate any help you can offer – thanks so much. Otherwise, I’m going to get started entering things in a new project and recreating the topics from scratch so I don’t import the problem (whatever it is).

Best regards

Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Beth,

For Robohelp 8

As Rick mentioned above, Please try Click on Tools>Options>Association>Auto Select> Click on Yes> Then Select the Design View (Robohelp)[WYSIWYG editor].Press Ok.

Try opening your topics once again, see if that helps

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp