Same problem here
OX 10.5.8, dw cs5, mamp 1.9
It worked file for a few days then DW crashed and it's been this error since.
I even deleted this cache file
no luck here.
Yep, I've got the same problem. Trying to 'discover' files for the index.php in a Drupal installation.
Any ideas Adobe?
It's hard to troubleshoot without knowing the details of your particular setups but you might want to looking at the FTP log (!Window | Results | FTP Log). If you're using a localhost setup with MAMP, WAMP or XAMP you may need to start the WAMP, MAMP or XAMP service (usually this is the problem when DRF worked at some point and then suddenly stops) -- you can verify that the web server is reachable and configured properly by switching to Live View. If you're using a remote server then you should verify that the FTP and HTTP services are running and that the remote server is reachable -- press the "test" button from the server definition dialog (servers page of the site definition).
Thanks for your response Jeff, you've pushed me in the right direction and now my problem is solved.
What I didn't realise was that I had to have a valid test server setup for this to work (I just had an empty folder on a server).
So I've installed and setup the site locally using WAMP and now the files are all correctly discovered.
Not sure this will help you all, but hopefully, what Jeff as said will get you going soon.
I have been searching the internet for a solution to a similar problem in dreamweaver cs5. I have IIS+php on Windows 7 and my localhost works well and ok. However when I try to use the "insert, data objects" for creating a login system it asks for a testing server, which I already have created from "sites, manage sites". There are three steps outlined before I can use the "insert, data objects". The first two are ok while the testing server seems not to have been created, but it is created and done with detailed instructions on how to do it from the web. This prompted me to uninstall and reinstall dreamweaver a couple of times with no solution to this problem. Also when I try to create a database connection I get the same error asking for a testing server when I already have one. Please can someone shed more light on this and a possible solution.
Thank you all in advance.
Jeff is right... we just remove the port ":8888"