• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home page in HTML

May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 7

This seems like one of the most obvious things but I can't for the life of me find it.

How do you set a topic to be the home page so users can click on the Home icon at the top of the window? At the moment clicking on Home gives me the "The page cannot be displayed" message.

I have set a default page for when you first open the chm, but this isn't automatically my home page.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

We are talking CHM files here right? If so, go into your Window properties and click on the Advanced Properties button. In there is a Home field that can be used to enter a URL for a webpage. This can be a topic file name inside the same CHM (e.g.topica.htm). Note the home topic can be different from the default topic.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking CHM files here right? If so, go into your Window properties and click on the Advanced Properties button. In there is a Home field that can be used to enter a URL for a webpage. This can be a topic file name inside the same CHM (e.g.topica.htm). Note the home topic can be different from the default topic.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had something in the field there about home page but I may have got the path slightly wrong. After a bit of fiddling it now works. Thanks.

It would be nice there to be able to browse to a topic rather than having to manual type in a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to submit a feature request for this. You can do so here. The problem as far as the UI is concerned is that the field can also be used to open a web page in which case a Browse button would be of no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp