• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off the ANNOYING text hover in the flash builder 4 editor

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Flash Builder 4, but one thing really bugs me about it: the hover tool tip that pops up when you hover over a class in your code.

I am climbing the walls trying to find a way to disable this content assist text hover.

I don't need it and it is really getting on my nerves because every time I move my cursor over a class, the pop up gets in my way.

There has to be a way to turn this off!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, I see the "Show in text hovers" checkbox in the preferences menu under "ActionScript Code" under "ASDoc comments"

I unchecked that but I still get the tool tips in my code editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That preference you found only disables the ASDoc content in the tooltip, it does not disable the tooltip itself. The default, non-ASDoc, content shows the signature of the definition. There isn't currently a way to completely disable tooltips. You can file a request at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strongly agree.  I call this as "Crazy Hover"... Eclipse Java Editor can be configured to disable its Combined Hover (or assign hotkeys). Hope Flash Builder editors can have such configuration also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines