• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashbuilder 4 brings machine to screeching HALT!

New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flashbuilder 4 on a new Macbook Pro running Parallels for Windows XP Pro. When I run Flashbuilder 4 it takes a very long time to load is un-usable. The screen and all the toolbars and items do not load correctly and the machine reacts as if there is not enough usable RAM to operate. If, however, I launch Flex 3 it run perfectly! No slow-down, no complications, just a flawless operation. I cannot currently use Flashbuilder 4! Are there any suggestions how to fix the operation of Flashbuilder 4 or settings which can be set to allow better performance?

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to Flash Builder forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While other applications still function, even other Adobe products in the Web Premium Suite, my Flashbulder 4 install continues to hang. I can minimize the application and work on other programs, but when I try to work on the new Flex, the screen is nearly white (cream) as the display is not coming up correctly. All the icons are not showing except a few when I roll over them with the mouse then they appear and remain on the screen. The canvas, toolbars, side panels, etc. are all irregular. I am stumped.   Any ideas or suggestions?

I am running this on a Macbook Pro with Parallels and Windows XP Pro. I have 2 GB of RAM dedicated to Windows.

On another Windows laptop I have Web Premium CS5 trial running and the Flashbuilder 4 runs perfectly fine ... hmmmmm

Any thoughts?

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I attempt to uninstall Flashbuilder 4 from the Web Premium install and then re-install Flashbuilder ?

Any ideas?

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that the screen becomes goofy when I am in "Design" mode and not "SOURCE" mode. While is "source" mode the screen and the application behave normally, but when I go to the "design" mode to enable dragging of components from the library on the canvas is when the screen becomes unusable. I tried to use Flashbuilder 4 on a fresh install and creating a new project. Without adding any code and by simply pressing "Design" mode the screen goes blank white.

Any ideas now?

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon rereading, I see that my idea was not useful after all ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flash Builder 4 on another computer running Windows 7 and  it works fine.

The installation which has problems running is on a  Windows XPpro computer.

Has anyone else had problems  running Flash Builder 4 on a Windows XP operating system?

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to run the latest Flash Builder standalone build on WinXP in Paralles 5.0 and had no issue with Design mode.  Have you installed plugin build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

We haven't seen problems with FB4 on XP.  You are on a VM, right?  How much RAM is allocated to the VM?  Is FB4 installed into a shared directory by any chance?  Are you getting a log entries?

-Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines