Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Form with XML Output on Webpage

Former Community Member

Hello Team,

I am newbie with the LiveCycle Forms.

I am creating a PDF Form that I will upload like a webpage and get a submit button so when the user finish filling all the fields I want to create an individual XML file on the server.

What is the best way to do it?

I do not want the results send it via email.

Regards.

Javier.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Create a submit button and in the definition you can put the URL to the server progtram that will recieve your data (no different than an HTML subm

it button).

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks pguerett for the quick response.

But I am trying to send data through internet via a cfm file.

Do you have any working sample?

I am trying to open the pdf form directly in internet and then when the user click submit create a new xml file with the data.

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Javier.

Former Community Member

What is a cfm file?

Create a file with xml data is possible .....do you just want to create a file on your local xml file on your system or do something else with it?

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul,

Actually this is what I need:

1) Create a PDF Form and uploaded to a Linux Web server with a submit button so I can get an individual XML file on the server to get all the answers.

2) Distribute the link to all the participant

3) Get all the XML files under an Excel or database.

The last part I know how to do it.

I have a PDF sample form with some text files and a submit_form.php file.

I can not get linked the PDF Form and the php file to create the XML files.

Thank you and best regards.

Javier.

Former Community Member

You will need a program (typically a PHP program) on teh web server to recieve the transmission. This program call is done by adding a submit URL to your forms submit button(no different than a n HTML web page). When your program recieves the XML file it can do what it pleases with it.You do not need to distribut ethe link as it is hardcoded in the Submit button properties.

Paul